Options

Gallery view firefox vs. IE

snapshot.photoboothsnapshot.photobooth Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited October 6, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hello,

The way my galleries display is different in Firefox then they are in IE. On firefox, there are 4 rows of 5 thumbnails and then the larger display picture on the right. However in IE, there are 3 rows of 7 thumbnails and then the display picture on the right.

The problem is that with so many thumbs per row in IE, the display picture on the right is much smaller than the display picture in firefox. Obviously, I prefer the larger display picture as on firefox.

Is there anyway to fix this, or is that just the way it has to be?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited October 5, 2008
    The way my galleries display is different in Firefox then they are in IE. On firefox, there are 4 rows of 5 thumbnails and then the larger display picture on the right. However in IE, there are 3 rows of 7 thumbnails and then the display picture on the right.

The problem is that with so many thumbs per row in IE, the display picture on the right is much smaller than the display picture in firefox. Obviously, I prefer the larger display picture as on firefox.
    I just followed the link in your signature and clicked until a smug gallery was displayed. I sized my browser windows so they were the same size. The gallery looks the same in IE7 and in Firefox (on my computer), same number and configuration of thumbs, same size display photo.

Do the browser windows you are comparing have the same viewable space?

--- Denise
  • Options
    snapshot.photoboothsnapshot.photobooth Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited October 6, 2008
    I just followed the link in your signature and clicked until a smug gallery was displayed. I sized my browser windows so they were the same size. The gallery looks the same in IE7 and in Firefox (on my computer), same number and configuration of thumbs, same size display photo.

Do the browser windows you are comparing have the same viewable space?

--- Denise

Yes, this is flipping between IE and firefox on my laptop screen, both are maximized. The space appears to basically be the same, though due to differences in toolbar sizes there may be a 1-1.5mm more height on firefox.

Do you think that small difference in page size causes the gallery view to be so different?
  • Options
    JoeGJoeG Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited October 6, 2008
    I only see 3 galleries. One has only one photo. One is PW protected and the 3rd has like 280 photos. That gallery displays correctly for me using FF3 and IE7. On my screen, I get 5 photos across and 4 rows for a total of 20 thumbs per page.
    Joe Gearhart
    Photos | Blogs | Twitter | MySpace | Facebook