Options

Shared uploading

chowpaychowpay Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited October 8, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

I love me some smugmug, but I noticed and im sure many have that when I go go out with friends we all bring cameras. So when I make a gallery I want their photos too... is there away to allow my friends to upload to a gallery?

I saw the very cool email upload feature but its kinda cumbersome when they they take a bunch of photos. Allowing users to Add To Gallery with a password would be perfect.

Or maybe someone wrote an app to do this?

Anyone have a good solution to this?

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2008
    chowpay wrote:
    Hi,

I love me some smugmug, but I noticed and im sure many have that when I go go out with friends we all bring cameras. So when I make a gallery I want their photos too... is there away to allow my friends to upload to a gallery?

I saw the very cool email upload feature but its kinda cumbersome when they they take a bunch of photos. Allowing users to Add To Gallery with a password would be perfect.

Or maybe someone wrote an app to do this?

Anyone have a good solution to this?
    Only three possible ways. Email upload, guess password or your log in password.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    Only three possible ways. Email upload, guess password or your log in password.

how do you do the guess password?! that sounds perfect!
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2008
    chowpay wrote:
    how do you do the guess password?! that sounds perfect!

Requires a professional account: http://www.smugmug.com/help/guest-passwords
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    Requires a professional account: http://www.smugmug.com/help/guest-passwords
    aww man thats a bummer. good to know though dang...

Wish I could use the API and have it upload-able on page.. then just password the page =D.. unless that exists already if so I would love to know haha
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2008
    chowpay wrote:
    aww man thats a bummer. good to know though dang...

Wish I could use the API and have it upload-able on page.. then just password the page =D.. unless that exists already if so I would love to know haha

There are many third party uploaders that use the API that can do uploads. They all require your account password though so I'm not sure I understand what you are asking for in regards to the API.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    There are many third party uploaders that use the API that can do uploads. They all require your account password though so I'm not sure I understand what you are asking for in regards to the API.

For example the page integration may already have my password in the page so if someone access it will be totally open to upload to a gallery I set up. But if I password that page then it would be ok.. i'm assuming
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2008
    chowpay wrote:
    For example the page integration may already have my password in the page so if someone access it will be totally open to upload to a gallery I set up. But if I password that page then it would be ok.. i'm assuming

Someone could build such an app that used the API and that had your account password built in, but I don't know of one.

The email interface that Smugmug has is a rough example where a separate PIN is needed in order to submit photos in a managed way, but it's pretty limited in how it can be used.
    --John
    HomepagePopular