Not FS: Adobe Photoshop CS3

ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator
edited November 28, 2008 in Flea Market
Folks,

This person invited review of their EBay rating and since I could not find an account holder with this name I have to assume this is not a legitimate transaction. (There is a similar name on EBay but they don't sell software.)

I have banned the user and deleted the original post. I do not recommend purchase from someone with only a new "gmail" account.

Only purchase from legitimate vendors please.
ziggy53
Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums

Comments

• JohnRJohnR Registered Users Posts: 732 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2008
    was this the post just posted today?

I sent an email to their GMail account asking if it was mac or windows version and he said that it was Windows only because Macs seem to fly off the shelf.

He sounded legit to me.
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2008
    the price sure was low...compared to BHphoto....maybe the first sign of a problem...
    Aaron Nelson
  • bandgeekndbbandgeekndb Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2008
    Most likely a very illegitimate version of CS3.

I have thought a few times about posting my savings through my university and sharing the wealth, but I don't want to get myself, or anyone else here in trouble so I have passed on that idea.

My best suggestion for a super cheap piece of software is an educational discount...there is a good reason your kids are in college!!! clap.gif Probably the best side effect of going to college is massive discounts on software. Due to our campus' agreements, I get all MS products for free and deep discounts on Adobe, etc. wings.gif

Anyway, thanks for being on top of this ziggy!
    Nikon D7000, D90

Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8
    Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8
  • Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2008
    Ok, thanks Zig!
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2008
    Most likely a very illegitimate version of CS3.

I have thought a few times about posting my savings through my university and sharing the wealth, but I don't want to get myself, or anyone else here in trouble so I have passed on that idea.

My best suggestion for a super cheap piece of software is an educational discount...there is a good reason your kids are in college!!! clap.gif Probably the best side effect of going to college is massive discounts on software. Due to our campus' agreements, I get all MS products for free and deep discounts on Adobe, etc. wings.gif

Anyway, thanks for being on top of this ziggy!

As long as it is not an educational edition deal.gif

If you buy one of those and then sale images edited with it- It could cost you a whole lot more in the end.
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Rtay0118Rtay0118 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 22, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:

If you buy one of those and then sale images edited with it- It could cost you a whole lot more in the end.

Why is that?
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited November 28, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:

Actually it varies by country. In the US, Adobe allows students to use the academic version commercially.