Unable to create new quick setting

PeterGarPeterGar Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
edited October 9, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Please help! :scratch
  • I have a SM Pro account
  • I created a new gallery
  • I added files to the new gallery
  • I customized the new gallery
  • Everytime I try to create a new Quick Setting from the settings on the Customize Gallery page, nothing happens. The system reacts like it saved, and it does save the settings for that gallery, but it does not save it as a Quick Setting that I can apply to other galleries.
  • I've tried saving the Quick Setting using shorter names, I've logged out and back in, I've tried saving the settings from other galleries as Qucik Settings -- Nothing Works!
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2008
    PeterGar wrote:
    Please help! headscratch.gif
    • I have a SM Pro account
    • I created a new gallery
    • I added files to the new gallery
    • I customized the new gallery
    • Everytime I try to create a new Quick Setting from the settings on the Customize Gallery page, nothing happens. The system reacts like it saved, and it does save the settings for that gallery, but it does not save it as a Quick Setting that I can apply to other galleries.
    • I've tried saving the Quick Setting using shorter names, I've logged out and back in, I've tried saving the settings from other galleries as Qucik Settings -- Nothing Works!
    Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Hello wave.gif

For the gallery that you are saving the QS, did you enter a password by any chance? and if so does it contain an apostrophe? ear.gif
  • Options
    Shutterbug-NOLESShutterbug-NOLES Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited July 8, 2008
    I have been having the same problem and can't find any help on this....very frustrating.....ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2008
    I have been having the same problem and can't find any help on this....very frustrating.....ne_nau.gif
    hi, could you give us the gallery link and also answer Ivar's question just above? Thanks!
  • Options
    PeterGarPeterGar Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    hi, could you give us the gallery link and also answer Ivar's question just above? Thanks!

My issue is now an non-issue last I checked. After a couple days of consistant failure to do what I described, it finally started working and I've created a couple new Quick Settings succesfully. Maybe it's happening again and NOLES is experiencing it. I can check mine a little later today.
  • Options
    Shutterbug-NOLESShutterbug-NOLES Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited July 8, 2008
    Andy wrote:

Thanks for your quick response. Yes the galleries had passwords, but no apostrophe.
    I just tried again and it's working now! wings.gif

Thank you, this will make setting up my galleries so much easier!

Is there a way to delete a quick setting?
  • Options
    encosionencosion Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    The 'delete' button definitely was elusive!!! I had the same problem in not being able to create a new 'quick setting'... Turns out that there was an apostrophe (') in the password hint field... I removed that and it's working again... A bit of a hack - forcing me to use bad English - but I'll live!
    Canon EOS 500D (Kiss X3)
    85mm f/1.8, 17-50 + 28-75m
    f/2.8 lenses
    iMac 24" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Extreme, 4Gb RAM, OSX 10.5.7
    http://encosion.com/ | http://encosion.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    albumflipalbumflip Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    I have this problem too. I have two quick settings that I like to use. Both are the same except for two changes.

jcl_settings
    jcl_settings_protected = takes away original and adds the no right click

I have tried many times to set these how I want them and then use the setting when uploading. Almost every time, jcl_settings will have the protected settings when it shouldn't. I just tried again to customize the gallery, I set the size to original and remove right click protection, then save as jcl_settings. I go check the gallery and it doesn't have originals and right click protection is on. What is going on?

The gallery below is set to jcl_settings, but it still has right click protection on and no original. Please help.
    http://albumflip.smugmug.com/gallery/6118475_3hrHD#384717242_tqJwV

and i have no passwords set or apostrophes.
  • Options
    albumflipalbumflip Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    albumflip wrote:
    I have this problem too. I have two quick settings that I like to use. Both are the same except for two changes.

jcl_settings
    jcl_settings_protected = takes away original and adds the no right click

I have tried many times to set these how I want them and then use the setting when uploading. Almost every time, jcl_settings will have the protected settings when it shouldn't. I just tried again to customize the gallery, I set the size to original and remove right click protection, then save as jcl_settings. I go check the gallery and it doesn't have originals and right click protection is on. What is going on?

The gallery below is set to jcl_settings, but it still has right click protection on and no original. Please help.
    http://albumflip.smugmug.com/gallery/6118475_3hrHD#384717242_tqJwV

and i have no passwords set or apostrophes.

Anyone have any suggestions on this? It's really annoying.