Options

How do I change COMMENT Link: Text?

agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
edited October 10, 2008 in SmugMug Support
As noted in my previous post, the COMMENT Link: field only works with email addresses, not internet addresses.

To tell the guest what to input there, I want to change (#galleryCommentLink .title) from "Link:" to "Email Address:" Can the ModifyText function be used for this? How? In Header Javascipt?

Thanks for any help.
Acadiana Al
Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
Blog: Journey to the Light
"Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)

Comments

• Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2008
    agallia wrote:
    As noted in my previous post, the COMMENT Link: field only works with email addresses, not internet addresses.

To tell the guest what to input there, I want to change (#galleryCommentLink .title) from "Link:" to "Email Address:" Can the ModifyText function be used for this? How? In Header Javascipt?

Thanks for any help.
    Give this a try, add to the footer javascript section:

YE.onContentReady('galleryCommentLink', function() {this.innerHTML = this.innerHTML.replace('Link', 'Email Address')});
  • Options
    agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2008
    richW wrote:
    Give this a try, add to the footer javascript section:

YE.onContentReady('galleryCommentLink', function() {this.innerHTML = this.innerHTML.replace('Link', 'Email Address')});
    O Wise SmugMug Support Hero, you are awesome!clap.gif It worked fine.
    Rich, thanks for your quick and great support.

That is what makes my choice of Smugmug one of the best I made. I do wish the Link field would accept URL addresses and display them also...perhaps this can be corrected by your team. If so, please let me know.

Regards.
    Acadiana Al
    Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
    Blog: Journey to the Light
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)