Options

Jpeg won't upload???

journeysrememberedjourneysremembered Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
edited October 10, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I have tried 3 times to upload a collage to my site. Just like I have done 100 times before. Now all of a sudden it is saying "Message: upload problem: unknown file type. Would you like a SmugVault? " under my upload log :
I thought it was b/c the file was too big b/c it is a 16x20 collage (12 mg) so I reduced the quality and it was only 4 mg the last time I tried but still won't go. ??? It is a jpeg file just like all of my pictures in the gallery and every other collage I have ever uploaded.

HELP!
Thanks
April
www.journeysrememberedphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    journeysrememberedjourneysremembered Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited October 10, 2008
    I am still trying to get this ONE picture to upload!!! It is driving me crazy. This client is waiting on me and I have never had this happen. I have end cropped it to an 8x10 thinking it is the size and it still won't upload. Not to his gallery or any other gallery. Yes- it is jpeg. What else could it be. I have also tried to email at smugmug but can't get a response there either.

Please let me know if you might could help.
    THANKS!
  • Options
    SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2008
    I am still trying to get this ONE picture to upload!!! It is driving me crazy. This client is waiting on me and I have never had this happen. I have end cropped it to an 8x10 thinking it is the size and it still won't upload. Not to his gallery or any other gallery. Yes- it is jpeg. What else could it be. I have also tried to email at smugmug but can't get a response there either.

Please let me know if you might could help.
    THANKS!

Hi,

can you post how exactly you saved the file and what program you used, what settings did you have in the save as screen and check that the filetype was definitely set to jpeg and not an adobe file format.

adding .jpg to a filename doesn't make it a jpeg. you have to "save as" and select the proper jpg file type.

hth.