Options

Year as Keyword

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Big grinsPosts: 0 Big grins
edited October 11, 2008 in SmugMug Support
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,246 moderator
    edited October 11, 2008
    jernomer wrote:
    I am in the process of scanning and archiving some old photos. I want the year the photo was taken to show up as a keyword. I enter the year in the keyword field but it will not show up. I know the year is entered as a keyword because it is there when I click to edit the keywords.
    You'll need to enclose the year in quotes for it to show as a keyword. I just tried it in one of my galleries, and if I entered a keyword as "2008", then 2008 showed as a keyword.

See the "I want all the details" section of this help page - http://smugmug.com/help/keywords-tags.

--- Denise
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Big grins Posts: 0 Big grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    You'll need to enclose the year in quotes for it to show as a keyword. I just tried it in one of my galleries, and if I entered a keyword as "2008", then 2008 showed as a keyword.

See the "I want all the details" section of this help page - http://smugmug.com/help/keywords-tags.

--- Denise

Man, it sure would be nice if Smugmug would fix this problem. I can find no reason to confuse users with this extra step that requires a trip to support to figure out.

When you enter a keyword, you expect it to stick without following some set of funny rules just because it has numbers in it. It feels like manually entered keywords are going through the same filter that filename-derived keywords are and they should not. There's nothing ambiguous about it. If you enter 2008 or U16B321, they should be keywords, whether they were entered before upload or after upload. There's nothing else you could possibly mean.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question