Options

Fixed sizes

elyobelyobelyobelyob Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
Rather than just small, medium and large. Can I resize or use pictures with a specific width/height?

I'm also interested in backing up my entire collection in one. What is smugmug's backup policy? I've lost so many photos due to not backing up. I'm thinking that smugmug is the best answer for my own photo project.

(I don't know many other people that cycle around the UK taking photos of pubs, restaurants and other landmarks!).

I'd hate to re-cycle some of the places I've been!

Nick

Comments

• Options
    flyingpylonflyingpylon Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2005
    You can't specify what sizes you want smugmug to automatically create, but you can create the sizes you need first and then upload them. It probably depends on your final use for them. For example, if the photos are being externally linked to be displayed on another site somewhere, you can reference the large version of your custom-sized image and it will be the proper dimensions (as long as it's not larger than smugmug's large size).
  • Options
    ayushayush Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited April 22, 2005
    elyobelyob wrote:
    Rather than just small, medium and large. Can I resize or use pictures with a specific width/height?
    You can do this using PowerSnap. clap.gif

Under Synchronization Settings choose any height and width you want. PowerSnap will then upload your photos scaled to the selected size. You can even apply effects like borders and watermark on the fly to photos being uploaded. Your originals are not affected by these settings.

(Make sure you get the Version 1.5 build 176 or higher. See Help About box)

http://www.powersnap.com/smugmug.html#15
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2005
    You can't specify what sizes you want smugmug to automatically create, but you can create the sizes you need first and then upload them. It probably depends on your final use for them. For example, if the photos are being externally linked to be displayed on another site somewhere, you can reference the large version of your custom-sized image and it will be the proper dimensions (as long as it's not larger than smugmug's large size).
    Is there any description of the smugmug resize process anywhere? At the moment I get ..

Original ... 1152x864
    Large ... 800x600
    Medium ... 600x450
    Small ... 400x300

or

Original ... 864x1152
    Large ... 600x800
    Medium ... 338x450
    Small ... 225x300

Are the small pictures always x300 and medium x450?

I had started resizing to 250, which I may continue to do. But this limits my possibilities for the future.
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2005
    elyobelyob wrote:
    Is there any description of the smugmug resize process anywhere? At the moment I get ..
    <snip>
    Actually. I'll just fix the width in the html. Saves mucking about.