Options

Possible Bug: Gallery not working properly while waiting for video to process

AlexanderAlexander Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
edited October 14, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Oh I tried to shorten the Title...!

I have a gallery, which is supposed to show our honeymoon pictures.
While it's not ready for public viewing, it's hidden.

I've uploaded one test video last night. While that video was processed, the gallery (which contains 8 pictures as well) does not work properly: Only one thumbnail is shown.
When the video was "done", the gallery worked perfectly.

Now I've uploaded three more videos, two are still being processed by the server machinery, and again the gallery is displayed faulty.

It's not that important right now, I can work around it. Just wondering how thumbnail display is disturbed by videos...

Edit: Only happens in Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 3.0 displays it okay. IE7 warns about JavaScript errors on the page... and it isn't my custom JavaScript, I removed it and the error still shows...

Bye
Alexander
Life is different.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    Alexander wrote:
    Oh I tried to shorten the Title...!

I have a gallery, which is supposed to show our honeymoon pictures.
    While it's not ready for public viewing, it's hidden.

I've uploaded one test video last night. While that video was processed, the gallery (which contains 8 pictures as well) does not work properly: Only one thumbnail is shown.
    When the video was "done", the gallery worked perfectly.

Now I've uploaded three more videos, two are still being processed by the server machinery, and again the gallery is displayed faulty.

It's not that important right now, I can work around it. Just wondering how thumbnail display is disturbed by videos...

Edit: Only happens in Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 3.0 displays it okay. IE7 warns about JavaScript errors on the page... and it isn't my custom JavaScript, I removed it and the error still shows...

Bye
    Alexander
    Could we have a link to the gallery? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited October 13, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Could we have a link to the gallery? Thanks.
    Sure. (Please keep in mind that this is not a "final" design, we've just begun to chose photos for that gallery and are discussing the look... :bluduh)

http://melanie-und-alexander.smugmug.com/gallery/6044540_QgvRP
    Life is different.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    Try clearing your cache, it's loading perfectly for me, ie6 on win and ff3 on Mac.
  • Options
    edited October 13, 2008
    Nope, that didn't do it. Tried it on two machines both with IE7. Possibly just a minor JS glitch... FF3 is okay on both machines.

As I said, no need to hurry.
    Life is different.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,251 moderator
    edited October 13, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Try clearing your cache, it's loading perfectly for me, ie6 on win and ff3 on Mac.
    I've seen this behavior loading photos (no videos) too. While photos are loading to a gallery containing photos, the entire gallery appears as if it is empty. I know I've seen this on IE7. Will check again on Firefox when I get home tonight.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2008
    Problem is in the yui_core-min, line 14, column 1370, crashes on 'P.style[Q]=R'... Whatever P Q and R might be, I don't have time to debug that right now, though I would love to help.

It only happens in IE7 when you're logged in. Firefox gets it right, logged in or not. Don't have older IE versions available here. I suppose it has to do with the display of the "Processing Image" thumb, which I usually don't see because I uploading over night and enjoy results the next morning.

Should this be merged into the Bug Reporting Thread now?

Bye
    Alexander

Leaning back, sipping coffee and waiting for IE-rants... mwink.gif
    Life is different.