Options

Going to the land of waterfalls.

hiroProtagonisthiroProtagonist Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
edited October 19, 2008 in Location, Location, Location!
I'm headed out to the Brevard area of NC the first week in November mainly to shoot waterfalls. I'll be working out of Kevin Adams book North Carolina Waterfalls but thought that asking here would be a good idea also. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has shot in this area. Which ones are the can't miss waterfall, which ones are not worth the hike. Any other attractions that must be photographed?
"But you and I, we’ve been through that, and this is not our fate. - Dylan 1968"

Comments

• Options
    The MackThe Mack Registered Users Posts: 602 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2008
    I'm headed out to the Brevard area of NC the first week in November mainly to shoot waterfalls. I'll be working out of Kevin Adams book North Carolina Waterfalls but thought that asking here would be a good idea also. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has shot in this area. Which ones are the can't miss waterfall, which ones are not worth the hike. Any other attractions that must be photographed?

biltmore area is nice
    looking glass falls is nice
    sliding rock is nice w/ the leaves
    be careful on looking glass, don't be like the guy a few months ago who fell off and died.

www.ncwaterfalls.com
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2008
    Hi hiro, I'm moving your thread to the Locations forum since it's probably more appropriate. thumb.gif
  • Options
    gdaddygdaddy Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited October 19, 2008

Hello,
    I am going to Brevard an area to shoot wterfalls on October 27th for three or four days; back on the 29th or 30th. I should be able to tell you exactly then.
    There is a man named Craig Miller in Brevard who has a sideline business called Millers Land of Waterfall Tours. He does guides/tours for about six waterfalls from around 8am until 1 pm on the days he does it at all. He has a link on the Brevard Chamber of Commerce and is a member.
    He charges seventy five dollars, not bad. He does many that are not the usual touristy stops and can accomodate your level of hiking. He can then give you an itenerary, etc.. for what and where including directions to the others you can do on your own. Email me at hmottejr@sc.rr.com and I can get back to you via email the email I have from another man in the area with an iteneray and directins for a days 'loop'.
    gadday
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2008

I forgot to mention a link to an "Index" that has links to all of the waterfalls with photos and directions and a link to another one that has a list of ones in the greenville area (i think) that has links and photos and levels of difficulty for the trails to get to them. The index link is www.ncwateralls.com/index2.htm and the other is www.carolinatrails.com/SouthCarolina/greenvillesc.htm
    gdaddy
  • Options
    hiroProtagonisthiroProtagonist Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited October 19, 2008
    Thanks for the replies. I'll take these
    biltmore area is nice
    into consideration, and I promise to watch my step at looking glass.

gdaddy - looking forward to hearing about your trip. I'm not much for tours, but may consider it depending on your experience. I'll e-mail you for the information. Thanks again.
    "But you and I, we’ve been through that, and this is not our fate. - Dylan 1968"
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2008
    Thanks for the replies. I'll take these
    biltmore area is nice
    into consideration, and I promise to watch my step at looking glass.

gdaddy - looking forward to hearing about your trip. I'm not much for tours, but may consider it depending on your experience. I'll e-mail you for the information. Thanks again.

Hi, Mr. Miller is taking me only, as my guide it is not a tour group.
    He will do the same for others, I think.
    I have some other info for you and will email it to you.
    gdaddy