Options

ISO view, PLEASE

KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
edited April 23, 2005 in Cameras
Instead of waiting for the next gen, I wish there was some way that a firmware release for the 20D can allow me to see the ISO setting in the viewer.

Grabbed my camera, happily shooting visiting family pics with a flash at 800 damn ISO!

Sure the 20D is good at high ISO, but it still isn't going to be as sharp as a lower ISO.:splat

This isn't the first time either. I need to start learning, MUST CHECK ISO FIRST! Then shoot.

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2005
    Yep...i too am an idiot. I spent the whole day at 800 because i was at a birthday party the night before at 800. Now i have extra blurry shots to come once i run them through N/Ninja. :bash

Oh look...a dog with a funny tail.
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Yep...i too am an idiot. I spent the whole day at 800 because i was at a birthday party the night before at 800. Now i have extra blurry shots to come once i run them through N/Ninja. :bash

Oh look...a dog with a funny tail.
    I too have suffered the same fate. Even with the ISO in the viewfinder. Now, I try to put my ISO back to 100 everytime I put my camera up. I also put in on Av mode every time I put it up. Not fool proof, but it seems to help.

How about taking a picture with the 10sec timer delay when you didn't know it. Sure seems like a long 10 sec. OK everyone, smiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllle. rolleyes1.gif
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2005
    tmlphoto wrote:
    I too have suffered the same fate. Even with the ISO in the viewfinder. Now, I try to put my ISO back to 100 everytime I put my camera up. I also put in on Av mode every time I put it up. Not fool proof, but it seems to help.

How about taking a picture with the 10sec timer delay when you didn't know it. Sure seems like a long 10 sec. OK everyone, smiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllle. rolleyes1.gif
    :giggle :haha :lol4 :lol4

Good idea on the change it to 100 before putting it away. I'm going to try that.
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited April 23, 2005
    tmlphoto wrote:

I have even posted pictures I took with the timer on unbeknownst to me, for example - check out the shutter speed - not ideal for hand holding :D
    5569412-M.jpg

I think we need a checklist like pilot's use!
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2005
    pathfinder wrote:
    I think we need a checklist like pilot's use!
    15524779-Ti.gif Cool picture, by the way! Sometimes you do get happy accidents:

ISO: 400, check
    Drive: Multi-shot, check
    Image Stabilization: Off, check
    Mode: P, check (or whatever mode you default to)
    Focus: AF, check
    etc....

Those are the ones I try to hit before going to bed. If I really expect to need a quick shot, I also leave the camera On, so that the shutter wakes it up.

Chris
    Chris
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2005
    I can still remember shooting an entire roll at 125th sec with a flash on my F2, which hs a flash sync of 80th. Aty least those days are done!

I *LOVE* the beach shot with the blur! Amazing! Put it up for KPOTD and post a link to it full size, I think it is just fantastic!