Options

18+ NSFW - In the Woods

AlexanderAlexander Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
edited October 22, 2008 in Go Figure
This is a shot we took on a warm summer morning.
We both like the sunlight, and decided to give it a "smooth" kitsch look. Comments are welcome, especially if you have ideas for coloring or color corrections...

Thanks!

Alexander
Life is different.

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    Alexander wrote:
    This is a shot we took on a warm summer morning.
    We both like the sunlight, and decided to give it a "smooth" kitsch look. Comments are welcome, especially if you have ideas for coloring or color corrections...
    Thanks!
    Alexander
    Lovely!
    There are some technical nits (like too much dead space overhead, her sking being pretty much blown out), but nice overall!
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Lovely!
    There are some technical nits (like too much dead space overhead, her sking being pretty much blown out), but nice overall!

I actually like the green space above her since she's looking up. I'd like her skin toned down, and it bothers me that she's missing a nipple. But beautiful shot. I really like the composition.

Caroline
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2008
    Thank you both.
    She's not actually missing a nipple, I assure you, it's just hidden behind that single ear. I never noticed it as "missing", because the other lurked so prominently through the wheat.
    Life is different.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 14, 2008
    Yes very nice photo, although I do agree that the crop would have been much better in landscape rather than portrait. Depending on what is left and right of course.

Hmm, as to the nipple question :) I would say both or neither would make this shot much better. Both hidden would give a mysterious quality that would be complimented by the softness of the light and the blown skin tones. (That would be my preference to see) Perhaps you could accomplish this by cloning in some more wheat? Both shown would just nicely balance the shot.
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2008
    Hm, next time I'll try a landscape version. Nothing but field and "area" around there.

But would I cut below the line between the crop and the trees, so that only the field is visible? I'll try to move some of the ears around in a few days, and repost.
    Life is different.