Options

sales reports by gallery

81dollar81dollar Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited October 22, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I'm looking for a way to sort my sales reports by gallery... I've looked at SmugSales by Luke Church but it seems like SmugMug might have changed the way the .csv file is organized... I'm a bit excel-challenged, and his tutorial seems to be geared for a different style of report.

My google-fu doesn't seem to pull anything else up besides archived references to SmugSales... so now I'm begging the DGrinners for help :help

Is there a new app everyone else is using for their sales reports? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2008
    SmugSales by Luke used to work well. No longer does. I emailed him before and he doesn't seem to concerned about updating it, this was some time ago. It actually was pretty awesome, could even compare sales by gallery and category.

I wish someone would come up with some good. The raw data is there but getting meaningful info out of it is a little work. We need a excel guru.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    brian.conaghanbrian.conaghan Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited October 10, 2008
    I'm an Excel guru in my other life. Just posted something else about wanting to be able to data mine into the per image details, but I know how to parse the info from "View Source" on the Pro Sales page if you needed someone to write a quick macro to do that...

Now I just need to figure out how to get a dump of all of the data from the links for the orders.

Thanks,
    Brian
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2008
    Maybe you could check out what luke did and get an idea of the info he used and what he did. http://www.smugtools.com/SmugSales/Index.htm
    Is the site.

If you could do an improved version, or just a working version that would be really helpful to me.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2008
    For anyone who is interested...

I've updated SmugSales to work with the new CSV report (I hope Luke doesn't mind).

You now need to copy columns A-Z (instead of A-J) in to the first spreadsheet.

The original album name/number download tool still works, the output needs to be pasted in to the second sheet.

You can download the updated archive here.
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2008
    Yes thank you, it now works again.

Can you give me an idea if I can somehow generate a report from the current excel sheet that seperates sales by category. Not really understanding all the functionality of the different tabs and having 2.5 years of info displayed in some graphs, I really get no idea of what I have.

Thanks
  • Options
    mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2008
    bham wrote:
    Yes thank you, it now works again.

Can you give me an idea if I can somehow generate a report from the current excel sheet that seperates sales by category. Not really understanding all the functionality of the different tabs and having 2.5 years of info displayed in some graphs, I really get no idea of what I have.

Thanks

As-is, no I don't think its possible.

The download tool would have to be updated to include category (and sub) info for each album since its not included in the CSV from SM. I've been messing with the SM API lately and might be able to work something up.

If you're just trying to slim down the data I'd suggest sorting by date or paid/unpaid first and cut/paste only a range into the SmugSales spreadsheet.

If I come up with anything I'll post it.