Options

Caitlin & Shawn

CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
edited October 23, 2008 in Weddings
So luckily for me I was asked by a fellow coworker from my day job to help her out at Caitlin & Shawn's wedding! Such an adorable couple and the sweetest people you'd ever meet. This was my first time second shooting with someone and first time with my Nikon 50mm f1.8 on my D60 (so MF was required!) Needless to say I just thought I'd join in and share just one image (for now) from their wedding day!
C&C always welcome. Thanks for looking :D
2962576219_727cdfbc4c.jpg
Ps. I uploaded a low-res image with my cheesy marking ONLY for Flickr.
"Take my picture, Tonight I feel beautiful..."
-Marilyn Monroe

Comments

• Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    I like the conversion a whole bunch. Nice creamy highlights with nice detail in the shadows.
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    I like the conversion a whole bunch. Nice creamy highlights with nice detail in the shadows.
    15524779-Ti.gif - the conversion is spot on! You were able to keep the details in in the gown (and it's so easy to loose them) while, at the same time, keeping detail in the darker tones. And you have good tonal coverage throughout. Well done indeed. The tilt works with this photo, but I think it might work better if it weren't quite so extreme - maybe?

Looking forward to seeing more of your photos !
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    First of all, I love your watermark/logo. Very fresh and fun, the way you've done it looks muy professional!

As others have said, this is a stellar conversion you should be proud of. Love the detail in his tie. The lighting is really nice, too, no shadows on that wall so close behind them.

Thanks for sharing such a great shot! (More please!!)
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers