Options

wider panos, sales/prints

TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
edited October 26, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
forgive me if im not asking in the right forum.
Aaron Nelson

Comments

• Options
    scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2008
    forgive me if im not asking in the right forum.

here is a size i plan on doing more of...or at least once i know what size to crop it to i will...
    anyway, im not finding a way to have smugmug print them with available ratios without the mass cropping involved

what do i do?

thanks for the help.

At this time, I don't think there's too much you can do. I also have a couple panoramic photos available so I add a note in the photo's description with suggested sizes ("Recommended Sizes: 11x14, 20x30 (Use No Crop Option)"). Of course, the customer will have to trim the excess area but at least they will get the full photo.

I remember one of the SM staffers had posted on here in the last month or so and mentioned that they were doing some print tests with Bay Photo. They do offer panoramic print sizes so keep your fingers crossed. :D
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2008
    hey thanks for that information...i didnt know there was a no-crop feature...guess i need to pay better attention....guess thats a good solution... and just order custom frame & mat after cutting print....
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    KD5NRHKD5NRH Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited October 26, 2008
    what do i do?

They're just out of paper; you can buy some bulk roll paper and drop by SmugMug's offices late at night with a few friends to "deliver" it...

mwink.gif

Actually, I suspect somebody at SmugMug worked in a prefab frame shop before, and hated panoramas, since they take away all that standard-size-only framing business. Thus, whoever that person is has managed to convice everybody there that something as simple as a 1:3.375 ratio panorama should be a) impossible to define by its short dimension for ordering and b) really expensive if I want the short dimension to be, say, at least 10". ($35.99 as a 24x36, compared to $12 for a 10x33.75 elsewhere) Obviously, the solution is to find out who this person is, and torment him mercilessly until he relents and undoes his evil work.

Or something like that. :D
    Blog - updated irregularly
    Photos - still under construction, suggestions welcome