Options

New here, please read.

AubreyAubrey Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited April 24, 2005 in Cameras
So I went to a music fest

Took a bunch of pics

they were good

On the way home, I let my friend take a picture of a few ppl, while I was getting my stuff together.

A few minutes later, I grabbed my camera, and took a pic of a sunset, and when I looked to all the pics I had taken and saw only one...

My guess is that she formatted the ALL 100 other pics.

I have a Konica Minolta DiMage Z3

Is there any way I can get back my pics?

Comments

• Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2005
    There is recovery software out there, about $29. You will lose whatever picture the sunset overwrote, but the rest should be fine.
  • Options
    Nee7x7Nee7x7 Registered Users Posts: 459 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2005
    You may still have them...
    Hi Aubrey,

Sometimes a camera will create a new folder in addition to the original one on a memory card if something has been changed on the camera, so your pics may still be there if that's the case (I'm hoping for your sake it is!) and that when you look again, you'll find them in a different folder instead of absolutely gone.

However, as already mentioned, there are image recovery software programs, so don't lose all hope just yet. (A hard lesson to learn...but I bet you'll be really careful from now on with who you lend your camera to). Really sorry to hear about your troubles...losing irreplaceable photos like that is a really huge bummer!

Wishing you all the best,
    ~Nee rolleyes1.gif
    http://nee.smugmug.com[/COLOR]
    http://www.pbase.com/rdavis

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried~
  • Options
    AubreyAubrey Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 24, 2005
    Nee7x7 wrote:
    Hi Aubrey,

Sometimes a camera will create a new folder in addition to the original one on a memory card if something has been changed on the camera, so your pics may still be there if that's the case (I'm hoping for your sake it is!) and that when you look again, you'll find them in a different folder instead of absolutely gone.

However, as already mentioned, there are image recovery software programs, so don't lose all hope just yet. (A hard lesson to learn...but I bet you'll be really careful from now on with who you lend your camera to). Really sorry to hear about your troubles...losing irreplaceable photos like that is a really huge bummer!

Wishing you all the best,
    ~Nee rolleyes1.gif
    Do you know where I can get this software AND how to get to this "Folder"

Oh, and btw, I had a typo...

I have a Konica Minolta DiMage z10
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2005
    Here you go, I used this to save a crashed hard drive. They do not charge but they ask for a donation if you ike the program.

http://tinyurl.com/66sk5

• Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2005
    I bought this software when I had a Flashcard go bad on a holiday. I recovered all but 2-3 photos in my case.

This might be caused by formatting, but could also be a flacky flashcard,as I had virtually the same experience ... Took some pictures, reviewed them, took a couple more, looked again and I only had 2 photos.

I don't know what kind of memory card you use, but I now only use Sandisk or Lexar.

Regards,
    Brad