Options

Is there something wrong with the buttons?

CynthiaMCynthiaM Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
edited October 29, 2008 in SmugMug Support
The only gallery button that I can get to work is the slideshow button. Is there something wrong with the other buttons? Or is it something with my site that is preventing the buttons from working?

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2008
    CynthiaM wrote:
    The only gallery button that I can get to work is the slideshow button. Is there something wrong with the other buttons? Or is it something with my site that is preventing the buttons from working?
    Is this logged in or logged out? I only see a slideshow button.
    Do you see buttons that don't work? Exactly what buttons?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    Is this logged in or logged out? I only see a slideshow button.
    Do you see buttons that don't work? Exactly what buttons?

When I'm logged in (in owner's view), there are buttons toward the upper right in each gallery - Add Photos, Themes, Share and Slideshow. If I click on Add Photos, nada; Themes, nada; Share, nada; Slideshow-Bingo, the slideshow launches.

Doesn't do me much good if I want to link a photo.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2008
    CynthiaM wrote:
    I suspect the problem is being caused by this CSS customization:

.loggedIn .share_button {display: block;}

Please change that to:

.loggedIn .share_button {
    display: block;
    display:-moz-inline-box;
    display:inline-block;
    }

When Smugmug changed their buttons about a month ago, this code needed to change to match it.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2008
    I added what you suggested to the CSS. It changed the way the buttons line up, but they still don't work. Only one that works is the slideshow. Was I supposed to delete the line that preceded what you had me add?

.share_button {display: none;}

Should this be deleted?

Keep in mind that I want to be able to disable a viewer's ability to share , but not mine.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2008
    CynthiaM wrote:
    I added what you suggested to the CSS. It changed the way the buttons line up, but they still don't work. Only one that works is the slideshow. Was I supposed to delete the line that preceded what you had me add?

.share_button {display: none;}

Should this be deleted?

Keep in mind that I want to be able to disable a viewer's ability to share , but not mine.

No, you can leave that one to accomplish hiding the button for your viewers. I'm trying to track down what is causing the problem. One theory is that it's being caused by this javascript in your customization:
    var objElement = document.getElementById("breadcrumb")
    if (objElement != null) {
    var str = new String(objElement.innerHTML);
    str = str.replace('>CynthiaM<', '>Home<');
    objElement.innerHTML = str;
    }

I would recommend changing that code to this:
    YE.onContentReady("breadCrumbTrail", ChangeHome);

function ChangeHome() {
    var objElement = document.getElementById("breadCrumbTrail")
    if (objElement != null) {
    var str = new String(objElement.innerHTML);
    str = str.replace('>CynthiaM<', '>Home<');
    objElement.innerHTML = str;
    }
    }

This will do two things. First, it will limit the code to only the breadCrumbTrail div which does not include the buttons that are getting screwed up so it's a more focused change, but it will still do what you want it to do. And, it will change the timing of this change until we are sure the page is ready for a change.

I don't know if it will fix the problem until you try it, but it's a good thing to fix anyway and it will eliminate the next possible cause.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2008
    Thanks! The javascript change did the trick. I now have working buttons with drop-dwon menus!