Options

Private gallery and originals being viewed

rezrez Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
edited October 31, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Ive noticed in my stats that private galleries are being viewed. People are looking at originals
and sizes that are higher than what I have galleries set for. Whats going on? Im worried about people taking my work. I dont have watermarks on my pics, Ive always hated doing that, because its nice to have people see your work without them, but I guess Ill be changing that. Some input on whats going on would be much appreciated. :bash

Thanks

Rich

www.richmartinez.smugmug.co

Comments

• Options
    SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2008
    Hi Rich,

The unlisted galleries on your site are used for your slideshow, your fine art and your "about the artist" pages. That's why they are being viewed. It is a good idea to watermark your photos, it doesn't have to be too intrusive, this help page has more information if you need it.

Shay.
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2008
    originals being viewed
    Seamus wrote:
    Hi Rich,

The unlisted galleries on your site are used for your slideshow, your fine art and your "about the artist" pages. That's why they are being viewed. It is a good idea to watermark your photos, it doesn't have to be too intrusive, this help page has more information if you need it.

Shay.

Thanks Shay, but can you explain why it's showing that originals and sizes bigger than what I have galleries set for are being viewed. This is a serious issue for me.

Thanks

Rich

www.richmartinez.smugmug.com
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2008
    rez wrote:
    Ive noticed in my stats that private galleries are being viewed. People are looking at originals
    and sizes that are higher than what I have galleries set for. Whats going on? Im worried about people taking my work. I dont have watermarks on my pics, Ive always hated doing that, because its nice to have people see your work without them, but I guess Ill be changing that. Some input on whats going on would be much appreciated. :bash

Thanks

Rich

www.richmartinez.smugmug.co

37 Original views of this
    http://www.smugmug.com/photos/263204933_Kcz2f-O.jpg

That's your header.
    What other photos, specifically, are being viewed at Size O? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2008
    Questions, questions more questions
    Andy wrote:
    37 Original views of this
    http://www.smugmug.com/photos/263204933_Kcz2f-O.jpg

That's your header.
    What other photos, specifically, are being viewed at Size O? Thanks.

Thanks Andy. I wasnt aware that my header was counted. I was looking at total for all galleries. Im curious why was my header counted 39 times at O and 1 time at X3L,and why that gallery was counted 39 times if my total was over 5000 wouldnt there be more hits than 39 for my home page. Last question:D I am getting 27 XL hits in my color landscape gallery, and 6 XL in my BW landscape gallery.
    The galleries are set to large? Sorry I dont mean to be a pain in the neck for you guys.bowdown.gif

Much thanks

Rich

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2008
    rez wrote:
    Thanks Andy. I wasnt aware that my header was counted. I was looking at total for all galleries. Im curious why was my header counted 39 times at O and 1 time at X3L,and why that gallery was counted 39 times if my total was over 5000 wouldnt there be more hits than 39 for my home page. Last question:D I am getting 27 XL hits in my color landscape gallery, and 6 XL in my BW landscape gallery.
    The galleries are set to large? Sorry I dont mean to be a pain in the neck for you guys.bowdown.gif

Much thanks

Rich

your're not a pain :D

Even if you have sizes set to -L and smaller - if someone tries a -XL or -X3 link on that imageID, they'll get the -L anyhow.