Options

None of the Photo buttons work in Firefox!

jinspinjinspin Registered Users Posts: 182 Major grins
edited November 1, 2008 in SmugMug Support
It looks like you added Tools buttons to edit the photos in album.
Except the buttons do not work in Firefox. I click on button and it does nothing. So I cannot edit the photo anymore.

I had problems with Internet Explorer being so slow and buggy and now I am upset now that Firefox is breaking. Come on.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2008
    jinspin wrote:
    It looks like you added Tools buttons to edit the photos in album.
    Except the buttons do not work in Firefox. I click on button and it does nothing. So I cannot edit the photo anymore.

I had problems with Internet Explorer being so slow and buggy and now I am upset now that Firefox is breaking. Come on.
    They are working for us - can you give a link to your site please? And, what version of Firefox are you running and do you have any addons at all ?
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    They are working for us - can you give a link to your site please? And, what version of Firefox are you running and do you have any addons at all ?

My link is www.SweetDreamsStudio.com
    If you click into album and click on Tools buttons at top none of the buttons work. I don't know if it is a conflict with customization I did.
    None of buttons work in IE or Firefox 3.0.3
    I have hardly any addons.
    So basically I cannot add photos or edit or anything now :(

ps - the buttons work on my Bio Page front page but not in album pages.
  • Options
    MontecMontec Registered Users Posts: 823 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2008
    I have also had numerous problems after updating to FF 3.03. Not just on SM but many other sites and have since returned to IE. I cannot upload images to SM any longer without FF crashing for example. IE works fine.

I have stopped using FF because there are some items that just don't even appear so you don't even know what's missing unless you check it with IE. My own banking site for example has a button that does not show up in FF...

FF is my preferred browser but it seems like they have screwed it up somehow with this latest update.

I found different threads about this on various forums while searching for a fix but no answers. The Mozilla help page is not worth your time, never a reply.

I am very disappointed in what was such a good browser to now be broken and no apparent fixes.
    Cheers,
    Monte
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2008
    Montec wrote:
    I have also had numerous problems after updating to FF 3.03. Not just on SM but many other sites and have since returned to IE. I cannot upload images to SM any longer without FF crashing for example. IE works fine.

I have stopped using FF because there are some items that just don't even appear so you don't even know what's missing unless you check it with IE. My own banking site for example has a button that does not show up in FF...

FF is my preferred browser but it seems like they have screwed it up somehow with this latest update.

I found different threads about this on various forums while searching for a fix but no answers. The Mozilla help page is not worth your time, never a reply.

I am very disappointed in what was such a good browser to now be broken and no apparent fixes.

Ya I have found IE behaving better but now Firefox has broken buttons. This is frustrating all these tweaks and updates are breaking our websites.
  • Options
    mhilbushmhilbush Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited November 1, 2008
    Yes, I'm seeing something similar. In FF 3.0.3, all the buttons work except for the the Slideshow button. I have no problems in IE.
    Mark
    Mark
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2008
    jinspin wrote:
    If you click into album and click on Tools buttons at top none of the buttons work. I don't know if it is a conflict with customization I did.

I asked about addons - what addons are you running? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2008
    jinspin wrote:
    This is frustrating all these tweaks and updates are breaking our websites.
    Firefox 3.0.3 is working for us. Your site, my site, other sites.

We'll figure out why your FF isn't behaving!
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2008
    jinspin wrote:

This javascript code that you have:
    <!-- Redirect Admin breadcrumb to go to homepage -->
    [B]<[/B]script type="text/javascript">
    YE.onDOMReady(function() {
    var searchMe = YD.get("breadcrumb");
    searchMe.innerHTML = searchMe.innerHTML.replace('www.sweetdreamsstudio.com/Admin', 'www.sweetdreamsstudio.com');});
    [B]<[/B]/[B]s[/B]cript[B]>[/B]

<!-- Redirect popular photos whats this breadcrumb to go to homepage -->
    searchMe.innerHTML = searchMe.innerHTML.replace('help/photorank.mg', 'gallery/4522176_HeFiG');});
    [B]<[/B]/[B]s[/B]cript>

is messing up the operation of the buttons. You can no longer set the innerHTML property on the breadcrumb DIV without messing up the Smugmug buttons. You can probably fix it by changing "breadcrumb" to "breadCrumbTrail" in both the scripts.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    This javascript code that you have:
    <!-- Redirect Admin breadcrumb to go to homepage -->
    searchMe.innerHTML = searchMe.innerHTML.replace('www.sweetdreamsstudio.com/Admin', 'www.sweetdreamsstudio.com');});
    [B]<[/B]/[B]s[/B]cript[B]>[/B]

<!-- Redirect popular photos whats this breadcrumb to go to homepage -->
    searchMe.innerHTML = searchMe.innerHTML.replace('help/photorank.mg', 'gallery/4522176_HeFiG');});
    [B]<[/B]/[B]s[/B]cript>

is messing up the operation of the buttons. You can no longer set the innerHTML property on the breadcrumb DIV without messing up the Smugmug buttons. You can probably fix it by changing "breadcrumb" to "breadCrumbTrail" in both the scripts.
    Good catch, John. That's in this sticky thread from a few weeks ago: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=106878
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Good catch, John. That's in this sticky thread from a few weeks ago: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=106878

Yeah, YUI buttons visible but not responding to clicks seems to always mean it's the problem caused by setting the innerHTML on the breadcrumb.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    Yeah, YUI buttons visible but not responding to clicks seems to always mean it's the problem caused by setting the innerHTML on the breadcrumb.

Thanks that did fix my issue. All is well in smugland