Options

Nov. 1 Wedding....at my favorite place in the world

ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
edited November 3, 2008 in Weddings
I just had to share.....

Yesterday I had the privilege of shooting two friends' wedding. (It was my gift to them) They both work at a camp that I started camping at when I was in 5th grade, and now I volunteer about 8 weeks a year shooting for the camp.

The bride wanted an outdoor wedding so very badly, and rain was coming on and off. Her prayers were answered and the rain subsided long enough for basic photos and for the ceremony. This is one location I insisted on, rain or shine for a photo of them.

I would like your opinions on one question...... I would like to give them one or both of these LARGE. At first I was thinking canvas, but wondering how metallic paper would look w/ the colors? What are your thoughts?

408211940_YWCZd-L-2.jpg

408233780_p9y8c-L-1.jpg

C&C welcome.
Heather
www.heatherdunnphotography.com
My Blog My Facebook Page
GIVING BACK - How will you give?
"I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson

Comments

• Options
    sherijohnsonsherijohnson Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2008
    I prefer the horizontal version the most for some reason. I bet this would look great either way, but I am imagining the metallic print would really look awesome.
    Sheri Johnson
    Atlanta, GA USA
    my smugmug
    Atlanta Modern Wedding Photographer
    SheriJohnsonPhotography.com
  • Options
    ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2008
    zoomer wrote:
    What a nice location for a photo, that little dock is awesome.
    For my eye the original is a bit busy and distracts from the couple.

I hope you don't mind that I played with it a bit.
    I isolated the couple by blurring the background, cloned out the tree coming out of the top of their heads, changed the color a bit and did a black and white version with the couple highlighted and the rest darkened down. I prefer the black and white....

I can see why you insisted on this spot....very moody....I love spots like this, thanks for sharing.
    Just say the word and I will delete these versions....I always like to see other peoples ideas so sometimes I overshare haha.
    Actually I do mind....would you please delete these? I prefer people ask permission before cutting off my watermark and messing with my shots. Please remove it from your website as well. Thanks.

I haven't had time to mess with them much beyond basic processing. This was the only angle available to shoot from for this shot, so I had to live with the tree behind them, but I'm kinda ok with it. Having the tree bark between them instead of the branches/leaves makes it easier to see their faces. Plus, with your cloning, you have a piece of tree that goes no where.
    Heather
    www.heatherdunnphotography.com
    My Blog My Facebook Page
    GIVING BACK - How will you give?
    "I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2008
    zoomer wrote:
    No worries. Deleted my other post.
    You may want to rethink the tree coming out of their heads and tone down the background as it really does detract from the focus of your shot which should be the couple.
    Nice location.
    Would you please delete the photos from your gallery thanks. I tried emailing you but your email on file bounced (please fix that).
  • Options
    jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2008
    The location is nice. Great shot.
    Jaye
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2008
    AWESOME location! Very nice shots. I like the horizontal best, but only because of the umbrella. I'd love to see more from the day! I've never done metallic, so no comment there.

Thanks for sharing!

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes