Options

Ferris Wheel

RevcoManRevcoMan Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited April 25, 2005 in Landscapes
After reading Lee Frost's book "Night & Low-Light Photography", I found a carnival with a small ferris wheel, and tried to apply a little of what I learned. Can't wait to try this on a grander scale!

20438698-L.jpg

20437062-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SusanBSusanB Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2005
    Wow, those are nice captures! clap.gif The exposures look good too.thumb.gif

Susan
  • Options
    Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2005
    RevcoMan wrote:
    After reading Lee Frost's book "Night & Low-Light Photography", I found a carnival with a small ferris wheel, and tried to apply a little of what I learned. Can't wait to try this on a grander scale!

Looks like you've got the idea! I like the second one the best.
  • Options
    MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2005
    Excellent night shots, really like these! clap.gif Very well done! thumb.gif

AJ
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2005
    Phil U. wrote:
    Looks like you've got the idea! I like the second one the best.
    15524779-Ti.gif The second is my favorite. The first might be better if the sky was more exciting, but it's hard to control that. Very nice. :):

Chris
    Chris
  • Options
    jsmasonjsmason Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited April 25, 2005
    RevcoMan wrote:
    I have to agree with the others. I like the second one better although both are great! i'm going to have to find a carnival now. xzicon_smile_cool.gif

Stan
  • Options
    KevinKalKevinKal Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2005
    RevcoMan...
    Wow, those pictures are a great advertisement for the book on low-light photography you mentioned. They're really stunning and I'm going to go against the grain and say that the first shot catches my eye. Perphaps you could catch it with a beautiful sunset to increase the appeal to the masses. Overall, I like the openess of the shot. The colors in the second one are really great too.
    Would you mind sharing your technique? Did you use the ND 3.0 on these shots?

Cheers,
    Kevin K.