Options

Referral Question

RonD200RonD200 Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
edited November 7, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hi a friend of mine just signed up for a Smugmug trial on 11/4/08 and used my referral code but I don't see her listed under my Referrals To Date. How long does it take for a referral to show up on my Referrals To Date page.

Thanks,
Ron

Comments

• Options
    Smug EricSmug Eric Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 333
    edited November 5, 2008
    The referrals don't actually go into effect until your friend signs up for a paid account. So once they are a full time Smugger then it will show up for you.
    Eric
    Support Hero and Customeister
    http://www.smugmug.com/help
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2008
    Smug Eric wrote:
    The referrals don't actually go into effect until your friend signs up for a paid account. So once they are a full time Smugger then it will show up for you.

Thanks for the response.

Did Smugmug recently change the way they list referrals, in the past when someone used my coupon code, even if they were still in the trial period their User Name would be listed along with the date they signed up, and their Status would be listed as "Trial" after they paid their Status would be changed to "Credit".

So now you're saying this has changed and referrals won't be listed at all until the person actually pays for their account? I kind of liked it when I could see who was trying out Smugmug, that way I could talk them into signing up.

I realize I won't get credit for a referral until they actually pay for an account, but it was nice to see a listing of who was trying out Smugmug with my coupon code.

See some of my referrals below, you will notice the third person is listed as being in the "Trial" period, but my friend who signed up recently 11/4/08 is not listed under my referral details. I just want to make sure she get's to take advantage of the $5 discount and by not having her show up in my referral details I'm not sure if my coupon code was entered properly on her sign up form.

SmugMug User Credit Date Status Used

vmoisio $10.00 USD 2008-09-20 19:52:22 Credit no

Vanek Photography LLC $10.00 USD 2008-07-10 18:03:52 Used 2008-09-22

Aimers $10.00 USD 2007-08-05 10:41:05 Trial no
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2008
    Ron,

It should still work that way. We would need to look into your friends account to see if she used a referral code. What's the name of her account? Or what email address could she maybe have used?

Please email us at our helpdesk about that so her personal information won't show on the forum.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited November 7, 2008
    Ron,

It should still work that way. We would need to look into your friends account to see if she used a referral code. What's the name of her account? Or what email address could she maybe have used?

Please email us at our helpdesk about that so her personal information won't show on the forum.

Sebastian

Thanks for your help, I just sent the information to the help desk.