Options

Smallest camera with hotshoe?

Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
edited April 25, 2005 in Cameras
Anyone have an idea of what the smallest camera with a hotshoe is? My initial thought is the Sony V1. I have used it before, and it is small, but I am hoping for even smaller. Any ideas?
Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
"Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie

Comments

• Options
    robscomputerrobscomputer Registered Users Posts: 326 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2005
    My Canon G3 with 420EX is pretty small, just about any smaller and the camera would be too hard to balance with the flash. If I remember the G6 is smaller than than the G3 and might be a good balance between small size and features.

I briefly held the V1 at the local store but don't recall just how big it's compared to the G6.

Rob
    Enjoying photography since 1980.
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2005
    Ya, I am going for small, really small. My idea is that the camera would only be using a PocketWizard transmitter on the hotshoe. So the smaller the camera can be the better.

My Canon G3 with 420EX is pretty small, just about any smaller and the camera would be too hard to balance with the flash. If I remember the G6 is smaller than than the G3 and might be a good balance between small size and features.

I briefly held the V1 at the local store but don't recall just how big it's compared to the G6.

Rob
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2005
    Olympus c-5050 has a hot shoe but not sure if its small enough. I used to put it in my coat pocket ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2005
    I used to have a Minox with a hotshoe adapter...
  • Options
    Jekyll & HydeJekyll & Hyde Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2005
    J: Interesting request. headscratch.gif

H: So you aren't actually going to be taking the pictures with this camera?

J: Using it to trigger a remote camera and/or lighting perhaps? mwink.gif

H: Does your radio trigger have a "test" button?

J: Or am I reading too much into this? rolleyes1.gif

H: Have you considered using a "digital" optical slave to trigger the radio remote? If you redirect the camera's flash to the optical slave, you can then use your camera of choice (perhaps a tiny Sony T7).

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=263024&is=REG

Ya got me wonderin'
    J&H