Options

Upload not working?

Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
edited November 10, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Trying to upload on IE 7.0, the simplist way (click and drag) and it says upload complete, but the picture is not showing up in the gallery. I tried to click on Add photo button in Firefox 3.0.3 and it just crashes.

Is this a problem at my end or with smugmug?

Comments

• Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2008
    Hello, please make sure you have the latest version of Java
    http://www.java.com

Also, be sure that the images you are uploading fit within our file types here.
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/upload-photos

Hope this helps :)
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2008
    The files are JPEG's and I was able to upload as recently as 11/3/08 without any problems.
    I have a JAVA plug in 1.6.0_03 for my firefox.
  • Options
    sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2008
    Tee Why wrote:
    Trying to upload on IE 7.0, the simplist way (click and drag) and it says upload complete, but the picture is not showing up in the gallery. I tried to click on Add photo button in Firefox 3.0.3 and it just crashes.

I'm having problems too. Couldn't get the download window to appear, clicked on "create gallery" a few times, ended up with 10 empty galleries, download is not progressing.
  • Options
    Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2008
    Tee Why wrote:

I went to replace an image and it failed twice. So I just uploaded the pic and it uploaded and gave me the confirmation but the photo never showed in the gallery. Strangeness going on.
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2008
    my page was down a minute ago but now it seems to be very slow.
  • Options
    pancamopancamo Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2008
    same problem with me tonight also...
    I went to replace an image and it failed twice. So I just uploaded the pic and it uploaded and gave me the confirmation but the photo never showed in the gallery. Strangeness going on.
  • Options
    pancamopancamo Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2008
    ahh... now getting : We're having some temporary difficulties. We expect full service to resume shortly. Sorry

And I just upgraded to PRO 5 minutes ago :( Not a good omen!

pancamo wrote:
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2008
    I tried uploading via the simplest way via IE a few times but I finally got one of them up.
  • Options
    BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2008
    Definitely some problems going on at Smugmug right now. I was getting ready to upload but it wouldn't show me the list of galleries on my site. Now the site says "We're having some temporary difficulties. We expect full service to resume shortly. Sorry!"
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • Options
    decalsdecals Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2008
    pancamo wrote:

SmugMug sucks on Sunday, too many uploads from those IPhones. It will be OK again tomorrow..................
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2008
    decals wrote:
    SmugMug sucks on Sunday, too many uploads from those IPhones. It will be OK again tomorrow..................
    Well, that's not the reason - but for sure something is happening on Sundays.
    We'll figure it out :)
  • Options
    kenbairkenbair Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited November 9, 2008
    I just tried uploading two pictures and got "server not found". This is not a good sign.
  • Options
    decalsdecals Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Well, that's not the reason - but for sure something is happening on Sundays.
    We'll figure it out :)

Sorry Andy,
    I got a little hot under the collar when I couln't upload some senior picture stuff before bedtime. I was kinda excited, pretty good stuff for me.

Don't worry guys, it will work fine tomorrow.
  • Options
    MJRPHOTOMJRPHOTO Registered Users Posts: 432 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2008
    Same problem here.
    I really can't have this tonight:splat
    www.mjrphoto.net
    Nikon D4, Nikon D3, Nikon D3
    Nikon 14-24 f2.8, Nikon 24-70 f2.8, Nikon 70-200 f2.8 VR II, Nikon 50 f1.8, Nikon 85 f1.4
    Nikon 300 f2.8 VR, Nikon 200-400 f4.0 VR II, Nikon 600 f4.0 II, TC-1.4, TC 1.7, TC 2.0
    (1) SB-800, (2) SB-900, (4) Multi Max Pocket Wizards
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2008
    MJRPHOTO wrote:
    Same problem here.
    I really can't have this tonight:splat

Oy. I just got a $225 print order from a a customer and she emailed me all paniced that her order didn't go through. I got the email confirmation but I hope it's ok. She's convinced that the order is messed up and said she'd redo it in the morning. Oh man. I wrote her back right away telling her to hold off until I verify the order. I hope she gets my email in time otherwise she'll be doing her order twice which would be a total waste of time on her part. Yikes. :(: Can someone at smugmug verify? I actually got 3 print orders today. Can someone check them to make sure they're good to go?

778310, 779144, 779385 (most recent order in question. I have not been able to approve this order due to the problems)
  • Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2008
    Oy. I just got a $225 print order from a a customer and she emailed me all paniced that her order didn't go through. I got the email confirmation but I hope it's ok. She's convinced that the order is messed up and said she'd redo it in the morning. Oh man. I wrote her back right away telling her to hold off until I verify the order. I hope she gets my email in time otherwise she'll be doing her order twice which would be a total waste of time on her part. Yikes. :(: Can someone at smugmug verify? I actually got 3 print orders today. Can someone check them to make sure they're good to go?

778310, 779144, 779385 (most recent order in question. I have not been able to approve this order due to the problems)
    Hi Lou. All three of those orders are good to go.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2008
    zacHer0 wrote:
    Hi Lou. All three of those orders are good to go.

Thank you for checking! I feel better. :D
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2008
    Things appear to be fine now. Quick repair...
    clap.gif
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2008
    Tee Why wrote:
    Things appear to be fine now. Quick repair...
    clap.gif

Doh! I'm getting the dreaded red rectangle again!
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2008
    Doh! I'm getting the dreaded red rectangle again!

It's gone now. eek7.gif