Options

Kari & Brian - The Wedding

Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
edited November 12, 2008 in Weddings
A while back I posted some pics from this wonderful couples engagement shoot. Thought i would follow up with a few from their wedding. It was by far the most challenging wedding I have done to date. An unorganized wedding coordinator made it a very long day for all involved. Fortunately the Bride and groom are just to much fun to let her ruin the day.

Here are a few of my favorites. Your C&C is always welcome and appreciated.

402607572_X66yW-M-1.jpg

2. Dreaming of her day
402608613_PqsYH-M-1.jpg

3.Reflections
402629581_qDfta-M-1.jpg

4. No Peeking....
402652967_m8t8S-M-1.jpg

5. The Guys
402676823_yU6PC-M-1.jpg

6. The flower girls always steal the show
402753201_5zX5e-M-1.jpg

7. The Kiss
402842116_MYuLD-M-1.jpg

8. Sneaking away for a quiet moment
402856260_7F3di-M-1.jpg

9. Remake of their favorite shot from the engagement session
402985094_GZQhY-M-1.jpg

10. What to do with a big bridal party and a small site.... the Shay Stephens crop
402992353_NwbMs-L-1.jpg

11. Love
403001704_EjG8P-M-1.jpg

12. Stealing a kiss
403058077_gQuCv-M-1.jpg

As always thanks for looking
Jeff Milo
MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com

Comments

• Options
    picturegirlpicturegirl Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2008
    These are some great shots, love the creativity that was used. A few that stood out to me:
    #3-I love this idea and the pose of the girls in the background.
    #4-Awesome
    #5-Great pose for guys
    #10-I like the crop and how everyone is spaced out
    #12-Love the look on the peoples faces in the background
  • Options
    clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2008
    Excellent seriesclap.gifclapclap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2008
    Wow, #4!!!
    bowdown.gif
  • Options
    sherijohnsonsherijohnson Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2008
    they are all great, wonderful work!
    Sheri Johnson
    Atlanta, GA USA
    my smugmug
    Atlanta Modern Wedding Photographer
    SheriJohnsonPhotography.com
  • Options
    cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2008
    cmason wrote:
    Wow, #4!!!
    bowdown.gif

Ditto! Everything about that shot is spectacular!:D
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2008
    they are all great, wonderful work!

Agreed! 4 is wonderful. Love the posing in 5 and 10. #1 is very storybook and sweet. I couldn't agree more about the flower girls... I find I am always takings way to many pictures of them, but they are so darn cute!

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2008
    Thank you all for the kind words, they are very much appreciated. This was by far my toughest wedding.

I was very nervous about #4, but not nearly as nervous as the Bride. It was taken before the wedding, and she was very supersticious about him seeing her. So much infact that we had to do all of the Bridesmaid pictures in their dressing room. It was a very small site and she did not want him seeing her from out a window. So glad I talked her into it.

The picture was actually inspired by a post I saw here on Dgrin. I appologize for not remembering who's post, but it was a similar picture where the bride and groom were seperated by a wall and the doors were next to each other. I remember seeing it and saying if I ever get a chance to do something like that I gotta try. I am going to have to go back and look as that person deserves credit for the inspiration, theirs' was an awsome picture.
    mmmatt wrote:
    ............. I find I am always takings way to many pictures of them

Exactally, I do the same thing. Hmmmmmmmm sounds like the begining of a separate thread "Favorite Flower Girl Pictures". Maybe I'll start it when I get home tonight. If someone wants to beat me to it feel free.
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2008
    Thank you all for the kind words, they are very much appreciated. This was by far my toughest wedding.

I was very nervous about #4....The picture was actually inspired by a post I saw here on Dgrin. I appologize for not remembering who's post, but it was a similar picture where the bride and groom were seperated by a wall and the doors were next to each other. I am going to have to go back and look as that person deserves credit for the inspiration, theirs' was an awsome picture

I think I know which one you're talking about, believe it was from a set that Mr. Babicus posted: http://meninenuotrauka.lt/gallery/inesa_rimvydas/Inesa_Rimvydas018.jpg

As for the set, looks like a lovely wedding despite it being "tough!" I know how those go!!! I really like #1, looks a tad dark but I think the lighting and moment work overall. The lighting in 2 looks very different in contrast, not sure if this was the same time/context or not.

I am a huge fan of #4 and 5. Really love the creative grouping of the guys in the brick hallway. Very nicely done!

The light in #7 is spectacular. Nice that the officiant is hidden somewhat (with a bit of PS he can be gone entirely?) I have had a few officiants step aside entirely for that moment, and I think that is a very thoughtful/classy thing to do! :)

Also a big fan of the Shay Stephens setup and crop in #10. Can definitely see that photo as a full spread in a graphistudio book mwink.gif

all in all a great set. Hopefully the time spent designing the album won't be as stressfull....from the other threads it looks like you're well on your way! (I am still agonizing over which vendor/design application to dive into this week!!)eek7.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2008
    Nicely done throughout. I love the pano....definately want to try that one :D. Great job!
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    mayassamayassa Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited November 10, 2008
    Not only great shots, your website looks great also
    You can use my Smug Mug coupon a0rrvSicVVqE2

Rick-Matassa.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2008
    I am loving #12. The rim light plus the folks and flowers in the back just make that shot. Excellent work. Seems very candid, but is so nicely framed it could go either way. Love that shot.

I also love the pano but just wish there was a little more light on the b & g. Extra great posing on that one.

The reflections one is really nice too! Way to make the most of a small room!
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2008
    Well done
    Nice work, Jeff. Love the creativity. Will have to keep it filed in the future use file. Great inspiration.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    FedererPhotoFedererPhoto Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2008
    Great work. I particularly think 3, 4, 5, and 11 are well done/concieved.

10 is a great shot/idea but they seem a bit dark... given they are the most important people in the shot - I think lightening them a bit might make the shot stronger.
    Minneapolis Minnesota Wedding Photographer - Check out my Personal Photography site and Professional Photography Blog
    Here is a wedding website I created for a customer as a value-add. Comments appreciated.
    Founding member of The Professional Photography Forum as well.