edited April 12, 2004 in Wildlife
Headed up to the hide out...on expedition for Aboriginal artifacts

the hide out

3371979-M.jpg

always a bonus to see it still standing after big storms hit

3371983-M.jpg

what else do you need ?

3371980-M.jpg

I always find hundreds of these...they are Quartz rocks that have been struck to break off 3 or 4 slivers....these slivers are used as a knife/spear tip. How old ?...anything out to 50 000 years since man last held it. The very tips are always broken off...dont know why... I leave them where i find them.

3371995-M.jpg

3372414-M.jpg

3372415-M.jpg

Found a petrified mollusc

3372419-M.jpg

The aboriginals always camped near water if possible...they are good fishermen. The water is very clear & about 5 feet deep

3372109-M.jpg

Native tree (called a blackboy)

3372110-M.jpg

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2004
    All the mod cons here....light a fire under the hot water system & let gravity do the rest for a hot shower....last time it was lit, a tiger snake came out pretty pissed off.

3372345-M.jpg
    edited April 10, 2004
    Always light a good fire to keep the Yowies at bay throughout the night. About the only thing i fear in the bush...& for those sceptics that say they dont exist.....you sleep out there alone without a fire.

3372352-M.jpg
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2004
    clap.gif

Great stuff, Humgunusess. You wrote before about spideys in the dunny too. Snakes, spiders and Yowies... scary place. But great to visit from afar. Cool stuff about the quartz chipped into cutting tools. Very nice.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited April 11, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    clap.gif

Great stuff, Humgunusess. You wrote before about spideys in the dunny too. Snakes, spiders and Yowies... scary place. But great to visit from afar. Cool stuff about the quartz chipped into cutting tools. Very nice.
    ta waxulious...at least i know the outcome with a snake/spider...but a 7 foot 300 pound humanoid ?

What if he is gay hey...consider that.
  • SeamaidenSeamaiden Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Headed up to the hide out...on expedition for Aboriginal artifacts
    what else do you need ?

3371980-M.jpg
    Well, mate, after extensive searching throughout your piccies, I'd say "a pot to piss in". That's what more I think I'd need (after trying the piddling while standing up bit, doesn't work well for me). :D
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
    edited April 11, 2004
    Seamaiden wrote:
    Well, mate, after extensive searching throughout your piccies, I'd say "a pot to piss in". That's what more I think I'd need (after trying the piddling while standing up bit, doesn't work well for me). :D
    no worries its 400 yards away....its got a great view also

220802-M-1.jpg
    edited April 11, 2004
    good shower

3371978-M.jpg
    edited April 11, 2004
    comfy bed

3371982-M.jpg
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2004
    Hummy,

We move your vacation home to Californis and we could get about $600,000 as a fixer uper. :D Maybe a little more if we could include one or two of those yowie things.
    edited April 11, 2004
    Sam wrote:
    Hummy,

Maybe a little more if we could include one or two of those yowie things.
    lol3.giflol3.gif

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~mhallett/yowie.htm
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2004
    That net good at keeping out the spiders?

Bet you get a brilliant view of the stars at night, something most of us here can't enjoy anymore, thanks to city lights.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited April 12, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    That net good at keeping out the spiders?

Bet you get a brilliant view of the stars at night, something most of us here can't enjoy anymore, thanks to city lights.
    nuthin' keeps out spiders !

Oddly enough i do go up there to look at meteors & satellites...the sky is so full of stars that you dont know where to look. You can look at them for an hour & then still cant see the ground it is so dark.

I get a whole diff lot of stars to you blokes.

Thought about taking some shots of the 'Southern Cross' or AKA 'the Crux' (stars on our flag) Its great to look at when the moon is late. The 2 pointers are Alpha & beta Centauri...& one of the brighter stars in the cross is actually 2 stars close together...forget which now.
  • SeamaidenSeamaiden Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2004
    Sam wrote:
    Hummy,

We move your vacation home to Californis and we could get about $600,000 as a fixer uper. :D Maybe a little more if we could include one or two of those yowie things.
    I'd be up for a bucket full o' yabbies, myself (being born a New Orleans woman).. yummEE.

But Sam, what we're lookin' at is part and parcel of lovely Yucca Valley. Out there it'd go for oh.. 'bout $30K. I think it really depends on what part of Cali we're talking about. Now that I think about it, that place looks like a few of my folks' neighbors after that Landers quake (mine have a place that's about 1.3 miles from the epicenter of that quake). Seen in that area was some of the greatest land displacement in the lower 48 ever. (Dad thought the world was ending, and said so.)
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery