Options

20D IR and XDP filter Tips and Tricks ?

USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
edited November 15, 2008 in Technique
Just wanted to see if Andy or anyone else would like to share any tips and tricks on using the XDP filter shooting IR?

I am using a converted 20D by maxmax and XDP filter on the 24-70 f/2.8 and the 700-200 f/2.8 lenes.
I am still getting used to the 20D as a IR only camera and having a blast too.

I am having some OK results and just trying to climb the curve little faster.

Thanks

Fred

Comments

• Options
    CFBSrCFBSr Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 15, 2008
    You might try this study. Add the filter and shoot the same scene with all the different white balance settings. Try one of the custom settings with white balance set to grass and another using a coffee filter over the lens to set the white balance.
    Then using whatever editor you like, post process the level setting to individually set the red, green and blue to the full range. The results can be quite interesting as that moves the red, geeen and blue spectrums to overlap and can help you determine what kind of white setting to use with a particular scene.

Good Shooting,

Cheers

Carl
    USAIR wrote:
    Just wanted to see if Andy or anyone else would like to share any tips and tricks on using the XDP filter shooting IR?

I am using a converted 20D by maxmax and XDP filter on the 24-70 f/2.8 and the 700-200 f/2.8 lenes.
    I am still getting used to the 20D as a IR only camera and having a blast too.

I am having some OK results and just trying to climb the curve little faster.

Thanks

Fred