Options

Size required for 5x7 folded cards?

ElizaJaneElizaJane Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited November 19, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Ack...totally frustrated here! I'm trying to use the new 5x7 cards but it keeps telling me that some of the pictures are too small. I don't really understand this - I can purchase a print of the same photos up to 36x36 but they're too small for a 5x7?! Anyone know what I need to know?:scratch

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2008
    We may tweak the resolutions but please, remember, we print our cards at 300dpi and so the photos must be at that resolution - the other resolution chart is just a MINIMUM and should only be considered as such. ALWAYS print with the max # of pixels :D If you have a photo that is minimum 2000px by 2000px you'll be able to make all of our cards deal.gif
  • Options
    MarkjayMarkjay Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2008
    What if?
    What if the image is a full size image and was uploaded at 72 DPI ?
    Andy wrote:
    We may tweak the resolutions but please, remember, we print our cards at 300dpi and so the photos must be at that resolution - the other resolution chart is just a MINIMUM and should only be considered as such. ALWAYS print with the max # of pixels :D If you have a photo that is minimum 2000px by 2000px you'll be able to make all of our cards deal.gif
    Markjay
    Canon AE1 - it was my first "real camera"
    Canon 20D - no more film!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2008
    Markjay wrote:
    What if the image is a full size image and was uploaded at 72 DPI ?
    DPI is meangless.

Pixels, Mark, pixels. See the faqs here:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=111669

deal.gif