Options

Don't tread on me!!!!!

UmbroUmbro Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited April 28, 2005 in Wildlife
London Zoo again, they've got some wicked nasty snakes there!

Comments

• Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2005
    Cool snake.

It looks as if your point of focus was a bit far back in the frame. I think you might be happier with the shot if the area from the tip of his nose back past the eyes were sharper,

With animals (people too) the eyes give the photo life. I rarely see a wildlife photo that I think really works that have OOF eyes.
  • Options
    edited April 18, 2005
    I know the shot was a tad oof, fp being just behind the eyes.
    Not making excuses but with about 10 kids running around me, banging into me and filthy glass to shoot through i can live with a tad :D
    I do take your point and i thought it myself, if anybody asks i'll tell 'em the lense is backfocusing. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2005
    Umbro wrote:
    I know the shot was a tad oof, fp being just behind the eyes.
    Not making excuses but with about 10 kids running around me, banging into me and filthy glass to shoot through i can live with a tad :D
    I do take your point and i thought it myself, if anybody asks i'll tell 'em the lense is backfocusing. rolleyes1.gif

That could work... :D
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited April 18, 2005
    Laughing.gif Umbro,

I've always liked the back-focusing/front-focusing excuse :lol :lol Hey, don't blame me!! It was the lenses fault rolleyes1.gif And do I have a disc drive full of those....lol

Nice shot, with the excpetion of Greapers point. Eyes are pretty much everything.

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2005
    Sorry guys i haven't replied, i forgot i posted this thread rolleyes1.gif
    With regards the eyes, ive just stolen one from another friendly snake, call it PS practice if you like or having to much time on my hands, OK the wifes gone out so i can turn pc on rolleyes1.gif
    I think the second pic looks better, sort of, well it only took 5 minutes. She hasn't gone out for long you see :D
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2005
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2005
    Yeah the last much better thumb.gif

I've always had problems shooting thru something, glass, fences, etc. I seem to get distrated by that stuff and don't concentrate at the job at hand :cry
    You done good thumb.gif

Oh, and he is on nasty buger, take my word for it :wow
  • Options
    edited April 28, 2005
    Cheers Ben,
    Now i've had time to look at the shot(it was a bit of a rush last night) i think his new eye suits him and makes him look a lot "meaner" more menacing if you like. ne_nau.gif
    Perhaps i should have a word with the zoo rolleyes1.gif
    You seem to be quite sure he's a nasty one, you haven't been bitten by one have you?
    headscratch.gif