Options

Some shots of Italy

shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
edited November 20, 2008 in Journeys
Hey guys,

Not sure where shots of places should go, so am posting them here. Here are some shots I had taken with my P&S while in Italy (so apologies for the noisy images).

3042924732_ec0297133c.jpg

3042082743_67fbab8207.jpg

3042924280_6fc7b42af3.jpg

3042082285_71511874ca.jpg

3042923918_ce24bec8d5.jpg

3042081973_1bf8c608dc.jpg

3042923608_305167b687.jpg

3042081527_17f08a9cf3.jpg

3037744970_e4f753fa9b.jpg

Cheers,

Comments

• Options
    PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2008
    You have a lot of great photo's here. These could go in Landscapes as well but since they are in Journeys its always great to have a story to go with them! :)
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2008
    Prezwoodz wrote:
    You have a lot of great photo's here. These could go in Landscapes as well but since they are in Journeys its always great to have a story to go with them! :)

Thanks for the confirmation. I was unsure where these should go. Landscape it is. I do have some stories behind the photos, but nothing fascinating. ne_nau.gif

BTW I went through your post and liked the shots you have posted.

Cheers,
  • Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2008
    Great shots! Who cares what kind of camera they were shot with. One of my former photography professors shoots everything with point and shoot because she loves the portability and spontaneity she can have with it. They look fabulous to me!
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2008
    Great work Nikhil ! loved them.
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2008
    Great shots! Who cares what kind of camera they were shot with. One of my former photography professors shoots everything with point and shoot because she loves the portability and spontaneity she can have with it. They look fabulous to me!

Thanks Molsondog, Jonathan and Awais. I always feel apprehensive posting P&S shots as some people feel that they don't qualify as photographs. rolleyes1.gif Interestingly I was studying in London at that time and could not afford a DSLR- but ended up having fun with a shameless P&S :D

I still carry it around when I want to travel really light (although I now have a nice DSLR with great lenses).

Thanks for your comments and encouragement.

P.S. Awais I loved the shot of that Mosque. You are getting better and better each month.

Cheers,
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2008
    Love them all, but 2 is my fav. clap.gif
  • Options
    spechtalspechtal Registered Users Posts: 344 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2008
    Beautifulclap.gif
    Angela
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2008
    Thanks Dan and Angela- it was a fun bachelor trip. mwink.gif

Cheers,
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2008
    These look even better the second time around. Very impressive P&S work. Did you do some selective coloring on any of these?
  • Options
    NormFordNormFord Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
    edited November 19, 2008
    Catagories
    Hi,
    Great shots, its the lens behind the camera lens that makes a great shot - all the rest is techo stuff!

I've just started to learn keyword and I notice that there is a list of appoved "Catagory descriptions" & I noticed a heading for Buildings/Landmarks. Why wouldn't these shots come under this catagory?
    Secondly where in Lightroom would one enter this catagory description?

Cheers
    Norm
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2008
    dlplumer wrote:
    These look even better the second time around. Very impressive P&S work. Did you do some selective coloring on any of these?

Thanks again Dan. No, I did not retouch these photos at all except for minor curves adjustments.

Cheers,
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2008
    NormFord wrote:
    Hi,
    Great shots, its the lens behind the camera lens that makes a great shot - all the rest is techo stuff!

I've just started to learn keyword and I notice that there is a list of appoved "Catagory descriptions" & I noticed a heading for Buildings/Landmarks. Why wouldn't these shots come under this catagory?
    Secondly where in Lightroom would one enter this catagory description?

Cheers
    Norm

Thanks buddy. Keywords eh? Hmmm, can't say I have noticed those. I did not see the 'Buildings/Landmarks' forum anywhere. Is that a subset of 'Landscapes'? How do I access these keywords?

Thanks,
  • Options
    NormFordNormFord Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
    edited November 20, 2008
    shniks wrote:
    Thanks buddy. Keywords eh? Hmmm, can't say I have noticed those. I did not see the 'Buildings/Landmarks' forum anywhere. Is that a subset of 'Landscapes'? How do I access these keywords?

Thanks,

As I understand, "keywords" are descriptors (for your image) that you embed into your image file that allows people to search for your images via google "images". Once embedded they remain with that file where ever it may go. Also they allow you to search through your images within your HDD or storage area. Even location & date when shot. Catagories are an international default originally used by the press. Some of the descriptors range from "Abstract" - "animals" - "Industrial" - "editorial" - "Food& drink" - Beauty/Fashion", its just that I don't know where to enter them (under what heading in Lightroomor or PS) can anyone advise?

Thanks- Norm
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2008
    NormFord wrote:
    As I understand, "keywords" are descriptors (for your image) that you embed into your image file that allows people to search for your images via google "images". Once embedded they remain with that file where ever it may go. Also they allow you to search through your images within your HDD or storage area. Even location & date when shot. Catagories are an international default originally used by the press. Some of the descriptors range from "Abstract" - "animals" - "Industrial" - "editorial" - "Food& drink" - Beauty/Fashion", its just that I don't know where to enter them (under what heading in Lightroomor or PS) can anyone advise?

Thanks- Norm

Ah interesting- I knew what keywords were, but did not know about this concept of embedding them in the photos themselves. I will have to investigate. Thanks...
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2008
    shniks wrote:
    Thanks for the confirmation. I was unsure where these should go. Landscape it is. I do have some stories behind the photos, but nothing fascinating. ne_nau.gif

BTW I went through your post and liked the shots you have posted.

Cheers,

NICE SERIES!!!bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbclap.gifclapclap.gif

The story does not have to be great or fantastic.......just something a bit more than here are 20 pics of Italia.......something atthe very least to let us know where the shots were taken and if you want to add more about how the shot hit upon your emtions then go for it.

Yeah I do not do Journeys posting for the very reason that I cannot write nor type most of the time rolleyes1.gif but I do hand out suggestions about things that I have no clue about......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited November 20, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    NICE SERIES!!!bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbclap.gifclapclap.gif

The story does not have to be great or fantastic.......just something a bit more than here are 20 pics of Italia.......something atthe very least to let us know where the shots were taken and if you want to add more about how the shot hit upon your emtions then go for it.

Yeah I do not do Journeys posting for the very reason that I cannot write nor type most of the time rolleyes1.gif but I do hand out suggestions about things that I have no clue about......

Heh thanks Art. Ok I will try and put down a little somethin' somethin' for each of the photos, but I ain't any J.K. Rowling.

Cheers,
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited November 20, 2008
    NormFord wrote:

Thanks- Norm

Norm

You'll find lots of help on your query over in the "Technique" and "Finishing School" forums. Let's allow this thread to be about great images of Italy! thumb.gif