SmugBrowser - Firefox/Flock Extension BETA

Comments

• jarazjaraz Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited October 25, 2008
    Does this not work w/ the most recent version of Firefox (3.0.3)?
  • iambackiamback Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2008
    jaraz wrote:
    Does this not work w/ the most recent version of Firefox (3.0.3)?
    Works for me (on Windows, and after the password patch).
    Marjolein Katsma
    Look through my eyes on Cultural Surfaces! - customizing... currently in a state between limbo and chaos
  • kev77kev77 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    iamback wrote:
    Works for me (on Windows, and after the password patch).

Yes, tested on Windows XP and Vista with Firefox 3.0.3
    Sorry I don't have other O/S, so I can't tell ...
  • Jhlewis10Jhlewis10 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited October 27, 2008
    New to smugmug this week. Pro acct. Firefox 2.0.0.17, lates smugbrowser download. I can log in but get an error. Exception returned error failure code ns nointerface......blah blah.

Any ideas? headscratch.gif

Windows XP Pro

Ignore this I fixed it.
  • Jhlewis10Jhlewis10 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited October 27, 2008
    Is there a faq? I am new to smugmug, and am trying to upload thousands of pics by year, but it appears I have to choose each pic? They are in hundreds of folders per year. Any way to just pic a folder and download all in it?
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    Jhlewis10 wrote:
    Is there a faq? I am new to smugmug, and am trying to upload thousands of pics by year, but it appears I have to choose each pic? They are in hundreds of folders per year. Any way to just pic a folder and download all in it?
    Just as easy to click in folder and "select all" and drag them to upload
    window. Don't have to drag each photo.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • jarazjaraz Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited October 28, 2008
    kev77 wrote:
    Yes, tested on Windows XP and Vista with Firefox 3.0.3
    Sorry I don't have other O/S, so I can't tell ...

Strange. Everytime I try to install it I get an error message that says it does not work w/ Firefox 3.0.3. What link are you using to download the application? Maybe I'm going to the wrong place to download it. Thanks.
  • kev77kev77 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited October 29, 2008
    jaraz wrote:
    Strange. Everytime I try to install it I get an error message that says it does not work w/ Firefox 3.0.3. What link are you using to download the application? Maybe I'm going to the wrong place to download it. Thanks.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8948
  • Lisa91Lisa91 Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited November 11, 2008
    Pending Problems
    I am trying to use smugbrowers for the first time. I have my photos in the upload part, but after 20 min it still says pending. What do I need to do now? using Vista/firefox/smugbrowser

Lisa
    Lisa

http://futurestars.smugmug.com/

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that."
    ~~ Bill Shankly
  • dwterrydwterry Registered Users Posts: 209 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2008
    Lisa91 wrote:
    I am trying to use smugbrowers for the first time. I have my photos in the upload part, but after 20 min it still says pending. What do I need to do now? using Vista/firefox/smugbrowser

Lisa

Right-click, select Upload All. Away they go.... :)
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2008
    Lisa91 wrote:

Lisa
    Right click in the upload window and pick "upload" or "upload all".
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Lisa91Lisa91 Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited November 11, 2008
    Thank you
    I guess I get the stupid question of the day award. I'm sure it won't be the last.
    :hide
    Now I feel dumb, that was too easy. You guys are so very nice. Thank you
    Lisa
    Lisa

http://futurestars.smugmug.com/

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that."
    ~~ Bill Shankly
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2008
    What is the current status of SmugBrowser and Firefox 3?
    On my photo computer, I have stayed on Firefox 2 because I need a reliable SmugBrowser. Originally, it wouldn't run at all. Then, I saw that it was being worked on for FF3, but when I tried it on a different computer, I got all sorts of errors and I saw various folks here reporting errors and problems. I just want to use it when it's reliable and FF3 can wait until that happens.

So, my question is, how solid is SmugBrowser on FF3? Are all features working reliably for all folks? Or is it still being worked on and not quite there yet for everyone or for all features?

I should state that my main interest area for SmugBrowser is mass setting of gallery properties. I don't use it for uploading.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • dwterrydwterry Registered Users Posts: 209 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    So, my question is, how solid is SmugBrowser on FF3? Are all features working reliably for all folks? Or is it still being worked on and not quite there yet for everyone or for all features?

I'm not aware of any development work being done on it ... but on the other hand, the new smugbrowser that was released to work with FF3 is working just fine for me. I don't do any property changes via smugbrowser, but I do upload a ton of files (hundreds, sometimes thousands, on a regular basis).
    edited November 19, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    On my photo computer, I have stayed on Firefox 2 because I need a reliable SmugBrowser. Originally, it wouldn't run at all. Then, I saw that it was being worked on for FF3, but when I tried it on a different computer, I got all sorts of errors and I saw various folks here reporting errors and problems. I just want to use it when it's reliable and FF3 can wait until that happens.

I should state that my main interest area for SmugBrowser is mass setting of gallery properties. I don't use it for uploading.

Bump. Is it solid on FF3 for setting gallery properties?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • dardensdardens Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited November 21, 2008
    Denise pointed me to SmugBrowser -- which looks extremely COOL.

After some research, I found that I can search up the 0.5.8 version by using the Firefox 3.0.4 [Mac] "browse for add-ons". However, when I installed I get the following error:

"Firefox could not install the file at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...r-0.5.8-fx.xpi because: Invalid file hash (possible download corruption) -261"

I tried twice, same error.

Any tips on joining the SmugBrowser community would be mucho appreciated!
  • CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    Any way to set pricing?
    When adding a new gallery via smugbrowser, is there anyway to set the pricing? Per Gallery &/or per image?

Thanks so very, very much - This little tool is awesome, I just installed it tonight for the first time... why did I wait so long? Laughing.gif! thumb.gif
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!
  • volcs0volcs0 Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited December 3, 2008
    Thanks for this amazing app. It helped me assign passwords to multiple galleries at once.

Is there a way to designate a feature photo from the browser? I'd like to right-click and a photo and designate it as a feature photo. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks.
  • hendrikchhendrikch Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited December 5, 2008
    Smugbrowser on Firefox Mac
    dardens wrote:
    Denise pointed me to SmugBrowser -- which looks extremely COOL.

After some research, I found that I can search up the 0.5.8 version by using the Firefox 3.0.4 [Mac] "browse for add-ons". However, when I installed I get the following error:

"Firefox could not install the file at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...r-0.5.8-fx.xpi because: Invalid file hash (possible download corruption) -261"

I tried twice, same error.

Any tips on joining the SmugBrowser community would be mucho appreciated!

Hi,

I just tried installing Smugbrowser v0.5.8 in Firefox 3.0.4 Mac, and it works fine. I could login, upload photos, looks fine.
    However, I couldn't find it in "browse for add-ons" window. Instead, I went straight to Mozilla Add-ons site, login, and install from there.
    You may want to try installing from the site. It's marked as experimental add-ons though, so you have to login to download it.
    Cheers,
    -hendrik-
    http://www.hendrikch.com

edited December 5, 2008
    hendrikch wrote:
    ...I went straight to Mozilla Add-ons site, login, and install from there.

Thanks for the update. That's what I did also - back on 21 Nov. So I repeated the test after seeing your success. Sadly I got the same error again.

I went to URL https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=smugbrowser&cat=all, clicked on the "Add to Firefox" button ==> Error -261 as before.
  • olegosolegos Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2008
    dardens wrote:
    I went to URL https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=smugbrowser&cat=all, clicked on the "Add to Firefox" button ==> Error -261 as before.

Same here. FF 3.0.5, Windows XP. SmugBrowser 0.5.8 from addons.mozilla.org doesn't install, same error.
    edited December 18, 2008
    olegos wrote:
    Same here. FF 3.0.5, Windows XP. SmugBrowser 0.5.8 from addons.mozilla.org doesn't install, same error.

It's interesting we're getting the same error on both XP and Mac OS.
  • olegosolegos Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited December 19, 2008
    dardens, I was now able to install SmugBrowser in my FF3. Here's what I did. I went to that addons.mozilla.org link with a different browser (I used Google's Chrome, but anything other than FF would do), and as it didn't know what to do with .xpi file, I was able to save it (my attempts to save the file instead of installing from FF weren't successful). Then in FF I opened it from the hard drive (File -> "Open File..."), and it installed without errors. Weird.

Looks good so far. Several annoying bugs that were happening in FF2 seem to not be there any more (like broken vertical scrolling).

By the way, I wrote to SmugMug's help asking about SmugBrowser for FF3, and they sent me this link: http://oeifendy.wordpress.com/2008/09/21/smugbrowser-for-firefox-301/ (and also said that they're working on an "official" version). I was going to install a version from there, but then balked at the last moment. It just felt wrong to install an extension from some blog, with the file hosted on some weird file sharing site (extensions go into trusted browser environment, so they have access to *everything* that happens in the browser...)
    edited December 19, 2008
    olegos wrote:
    I was now able to install SmugBrowser in my FF3

Very clever -- thank you. Installed without a hitch!
  • DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2008
    NOW I'm using FF 3.0.5. so..uhm..any updates for the new version of FF? mwink.gif

I lost the use of the smugbrowser when I had to reformat my computer...then we said the heck with it and bought a new one altogether.

OK, got it to install - but invalid log in :( can't figure that one out. I know its xxx.smugmug.com unless you changed it....?

EDIT:

NEVER MIND :P its late...im tired...i eventually prevailed.
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

edited December 24, 2008
    I uploaded two copies of a photo tonight using smugbrowser. They uploaded fine - but do NOT show up in the 'recent photos' gallery. Is this a known bug or...?

FF 3.0.5, Vista 32 bit

EDIT:

Hmm..might NOT be an issue with smugbrowser - I deleted the photos and uploaded like I normally do and same issue...

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

edited December 24, 2008
    DJKennedy wrote:
    I uploaded two copies of a photo tonight using smugbrowser. They uploaded fine - but do NOT show up in the 'recent photos' gallery. Is this a known bug or...?

FF 3.0.5, Vista 32 bit

EDIT:

Hmm..might NOT be an issue with smugbrowser - I deleted the photos and uploaded like I normally do and same issue...

Might take a short while for the indexing to happen. Perhaps wait a little while (like overnight).
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    edited December 24, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    Might take a short while for the indexing to happen. Perhaps wait a little while (like overnight).

Never taken more than a minute before headscratch.gif

• G.WallingG.Walling Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited December 29, 2008
    Not compatible with 3.0.5
    Why do I get a message saying could not install, not compatible with Firefox 3.0.5?
    edited December 29, 2008
    G.Walling wrote:
    Why do I get a message saying could not install, not compatible with Firefox 3.0.5?

I had to register with firefox/mozzila to download the beta...that one installed no problems at all...