Options

Photoshop CS4 critiques

dadwtwinsdadwtwins Registered Users Posts: 804 Major grins
edited November 22, 2008 in Technique
I was one of the fortunate students that attend Marc's Muench Print II class last week. During the class, many of us tried out the new and "improved":scratch CS4.

I would like to start this thread for those that would like to vent what they like and dislike of CS4. I am hoping we can get enough comments that we can send a package to Adobe to show our dissatisfaction of some of the changes they made:rolleyes

How about I start off by saying their change in curves had really upset me. They tried to change curves to more of a slider trial and error type tool. Instead of running the cursor over your pictures to see where a particular part of the photograph lined up on the curve line, they made it into a point-to-area selection tool for adjusting tones.

I really hate this. The reason why I loved curves so much is the ability to manually place points or anchors to adjust the curves. This option used to take one step and now it takes several.:bluduh

Anymore complaints out there or am I the only one.:ear
My Homepage :thumb-->http://dthorp.smugmug.com
My Photo Blog -->http://dthorpphoto.blogspot.com/

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2008
    dadwtwins wrote:
    I was one of the fortunate students that attend Marc's Muench Print II class last week. During the class, many of us tried out the new and "improved"headscratch.gif CS4.

I would like to start this thread for those that would like to vent what they like and dislike of CS4. I am hoping we can get enough comments that we can send a package to Adobe to show our dissatisfaction of some of the changes they maderolleyes1.gif

How about I start off by saying their change in curves had really upset me. They tried to change curves to more of a slider trial and error type tool. Instead of running the cursor over your pictures to see where a particular part of the photograph lined up on the curve line, they made it into a point-to-area selection tool for adjusting tones.

I really hate this. The reason why I loved curves so much is the ability to manually place points or anchors to adjust the curves. This option used to take one step and now it takes several.:bluduh

Anymore complaints out there or am I the only one.ear.gif

I have been using CS4 since mid summer. Some changes did take certain time to get used to, but in the end I loved the new features much more than I was missing the old ones.

That particular mode you looking for requires just one extra click (engage drag-and-adjust mode), I personally think it's a very small trade for the possibility of WYSIWYG adjustment.
    "May the f/stop be with you!"