Options

Need: Sandisk rescue disk

lightyearlightyear Registered Users Posts: 185 Major grins
edited November 29, 2008 in The Kitchen Sink
I bought some Sandisk Ext III 8GB CF cards with the current winter rebate, but the Sandisk Rescue disk which was part of some former Sandisk offers is not available. I don't have a Rescue disc, but want to have one if the need arises. Perhaps one of you has an extra one that was supplied on the prior deals. Please et me know price, shipping, , whatever. Thanks.
Stan

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    clap.gifclapthumb.gifthumbbowdown.gifbowImage Rescue from Lexar works with all brands of memory cardsbowdown.gifbowthumb.gifthumbclap.gifclap and also it gives recovery options like...just raw file, just tiffs,jpgs......or all files.
    The drawback to any recovery software is it re-catalogs the images into its own system....I find it a pain since I have the camera set to a date filing system. But I prefer to get all my images back and if I have to hand catalog...so be it.

It is the only software Ihave used that worked as I wanted it to....when I shoot a combo of raw+ljpg and a card craps out....I want all files in sequence and it has done it for me everytime..........if I am just shooting raw...then I do not want the thumbs or anything else but RAW files and that is what I get.

It used to come free with the PRO lexar cards but can be purchased off their site for ~~$30 +/- a bit.........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    nightowlcatnightowlcat Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008

Does this recover all images files in their native sizes......a lot of the software I have tried only gave back thumb nail sized jpgs.......eek7.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited October 28, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    Does this recover all images files in their native sizes......a lot of the software I have tried only gave back thumb nail sized jpgs.......eek7.gif

They can recover files as they were on the disk, word docs, image files, file names intact.
  • Options
    aj986saj986s Registered Users Posts: 1,100 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2008
    They can recover files as they were on the disk, word docs, image files, file names intact.

....as long as those physical storage areas haven't been already overwritten by newer files.
    Tony P.
    Canon 50D, 30D and Digital Rebel (plus some old friends - FTB and AE1)
    Long-time amateur.....wishing for more time to play
    Autocross and Track junkie
    tonyp.smugmug.com
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2008
    Someone here recommended ZAR, a similar tool. The image recovery is free. Never used it myself but as I said, there was a recommendation here, and I bookmarked it:

http://www.z-a-recovery.com/digital-image-recovery.htm
  • Options
    SteveFSteveF Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2008
    lightyear wrote:
    I bought some Sandisk Ext III 8GB CF cards with the current winter rebate, but the Sandisk Rescue disk which was part of some former Sandisk offers is not available. I don't have a Rescue disc, but want to have one if the need arises. Perhaps one of you has an extra one that was supplied on the prior deals. Please et me know price, shipping, , whatever. Thanks.
    Stan

If you are still in need of one drop me a pm with your address and I'll send a Sandisk Rescue Pro v3.3 - I've got quite a few of these disks sitting on my desk.
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2008
    I have disk
    Actually, I have two of them. You can download it for free to see what it will do. The version of Rescue Pro is $60 on the website. I just used it because I had a corrupted disk that said it needed to be formatted when I tried to read it. I have to unload the demo version of the software now and install the disk.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2008
    And the software that worked for the office manager here is MJM Free Photo Recovery. Some file recovery software is good enough to pick up even after an overwrite, I've recovered 4mb of usable files off a 1.4mb floppy disk
  • Options
    mike_floodmike_flood Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited November 29, 2008
    lightyear wrote:
    Stan

Check http://www.handyrecovery.com/ Not free but works very well.
    :thumb Best Regards,
    Mike Flood
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2008
    I purchased PhotoRescue a few months ago and it worked where several of the freebies did not. $30 was worth it for the picture I recovered.

No affiliation, just a happy customer...

http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/
    Chris