Options

Body Scapes.in B&W (NSFW)

DerweissehaiDerweissehai Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
edited December 1, 2008 in Go Figure
492b428bdeed1.jpg

492b424188898.jpg
7D/40D/XTi/G10/EOS630/50MM 1.8/430/580x2/18-55/28-135/PWx2/Sekonic LM/Tam. 70-200 2.8
Model Site/Portrait Site/Flcikr/MM

Adam

Comments

• Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2008
    Hi Adam,

I actually really like this pose and her lighting. I do not think of "bodyscapes" as a descriptive term for these shots, however, as that term tends to imply abstract geometry and the woman is quite in contact with us and knows that we're watching. However I love the wild look that your model has, as it fits the dramatic light very well.
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2008
    Nice. You probably already know this, but I will mention it anyway, in the 2nd shot, it seems that you are going for the impression that she is nude, but you let a little bit of her underwear show. If you (the photographer) would have shifted slightly to your right, that would have helped hide that sliver of white.

You may could play around in photoshop and move the leg over it. Also maybe burning in some more in the crotch area to hide any of the underwear showing there, to create more of a shadow area, as to imply nudity. Its not always easy to get the shadows just right at capture.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2008
    Nice series! thumb.gif
    A couple of notes on a side:
    1) image looks too soft, almost oof
    2) both images display way more negative space than they should've imho, especially #2.
    HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    loubellloubell Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    The first picture
    I find the first picture to be very impressive. I like the look she is conveying. Very sexy and seductive yet soft. I also like the use of sepia tones in the first.

As far as the pose in the first, I like how her leg (knee) is reaching up to her face. Classic pose yet hard for many women to pull off without looking...shall we say... flabby! ne_nau.gif

I love the pose of her arm in the second. It is a direct transition vertically to her legs posed horizontally. (Make sense?) It all comes together nicely! :ivar
    ~If you're photographing in color you show the color of their clothes - if you use black and white, you will show the color of their soul.~

http://www.myspace.com/loubellsunrise

http://www.freespiritphotography.com/smugmug