Options

Powfoot Golf Course

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited December 4, 2008 in Landscapes
An HDR shot of Powfoot Golf Course. I am still learning this HDR so your comments are more than welcome.
Regards
Bob

430333860_sZBC4-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited December 4, 2008
    nice bob, maybe de -saturate a touch.
    how about darkening the s shape in lawn to make more pronounced?
    phil
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/goldenorfe/
  • Options
    Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2008
    GOLDENORFE wrote:
    nice bob, maybe de -saturate a touch.
    how about darkening the s shape in lawn to make more pronounced?
    phil
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/goldenorfe/

15524779-Ti.gif The color of the grass and particularly the rainbow are too unrealistic. I'd also level roof of the house.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2008
    Jack'll do wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif The color of the grass and particularly the rainbow are too unrealistic. I'd also level roof of the house.

Thanks Phil I will try that just seen the 'S' in the grass.
    Yes Jack I would agree about the unrealistic colours. I tend to find this with my HDR shots after Photomatix.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    An HDR shot of Powfoot Golf Course. I am still learning this HDR so your comments are more than welcome.
    Regards
    Bob

430333860_sZBC4-L.jpg

Is that any straighter Jack. I tried to darken the grass with the Highlights/Shaddows but it hasn't changed it much.
    Regards
    Bob

430412487_AsE5Q-L.jpg
  • Options
    Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2008
    Hi Bob
    The roof is much better now. To deal with the grass you need to use a hue/saturation adjustment layer. Then to selectively darken the right portion of the grass duplicate the background layer, use brightness/contrast adj. layer to darken the whole original bg layer, add a vector mask to the duplicate layer (make sure the mask is white). If the mask is black, Cmd_I or for PC Cntrl_I, to change to white. Now click on the mask then use the brush tool to paint the portion you want darker.

I took the liberty to adjust using these methods. In Hue/Sat I adjusted green, yellow, and magenta (drop down menu) as follows.
    Green H +27 S -26
    Yellows H +13 S -29
    Magenta H 0 S -52

After flattening the image, I applied high pass filter (radius 0.8) and ended up with this.

430465432_9XpKX-L.jpg

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2008
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Hi Bob
    The roof is much better now. To deal with the grass you need to use a hue/saturation adjustment layer. Then to selectively darken the right portion of the grass duplicate the background layer, use brightness/contrast adj. layer to darken the whole original bg layer, add a vector mask to the duplicate layer (make sure the mask is white). If the mask is black, Cmd_I or for PC Cntrl_I, to change to white. Now click on the mask then use the brush tool to paint the portion you want darker.

I took the liberty to adjust using these methods. In Hue/Sat I adjusted green, yellow, and magenta (drop down menu) as follows.
    Green H +27 S -26
    Yellows H +13 S -29
    Magenta H 0 S -52

After flattening the image, I applied high pass filter (radius 0.8) and ended up with this.

430465432_9XpKX-L.jpg

OMG Jack that is brilliant. I understand and can follow exactly what you have said but YES you have improved the image tremendously. Thanks I will go back to the drawing board but I bet once againm with another image I will have to rely on you to put the finishing touches to it.
    Regards
    Bob