Options

Ireland!!

Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited December 8, 2008 in Journeys
I ventured out to Ireland from August 1-18th before I started school. I have to say, I love the Irish! So when I went to Ireland, I had expectations to be pleased! Ireland has exceeded every thing I thought of Ireland! I loved every minute I was there, in fact I had more trouble coming home than going and staying there!

My travel pictures.

I maintained a journal entry of the trip, but not an online one. I will finish that sometime or later.

I wish I did a better job with the landscape photos. But that means another trip to Ireland! HOORAY!

Some pictures:

195362678-M.jpg

195363673-M.jpg

196567168-M.jpg

196573318-M.jpg

197419993-M.jpg

I will continue to update shortly. I have to work on my Ecology and Evolutionary Biology class!
Food & Culture.
www.tednghiem.com

Comments

• Options
    edited September 24, 2007
    Some more photos from Ireland. I really loved the lush landscapes here!

195632465-M.jpg
    There were a lot of wild horses in Ireland. U2's Who's Gonna Ride your Wild Horses comes to mind when I see this picture. Although this wasn't a wild horse. :ivar But it was a horse that I got really close to to take a picture of it!!

196570250-M.jpg
    This was around the trip around the Dingle Penninsula around county Kerry. It was near the islands of the sleeping monk (I think that was the name ...)

196572584-M.jpg
    Same as above, but at a different angle. I was on my belly taking pictures while the tour bus driver was yelling at me to get my "arse" to the bus! Nah he didn't yell, he just said next time I took away the time from the tour he would make me sing and dance in front of the bus! wings.gif

197421119-M.jpg

I have no idea who this guy was, but he was on a pile of rocks near the pass that over looked Dingle. I liked those rocks, but he had a nice posture so I had to take a picture of him without him realizing it. Stealth!

197421184-M.jpg
    She was at the same area too, just near the decline of the mountain.

197808928-M.jpg
    Every block I would find a pub. But to find a coffee shop it would take some traveling and navigating! The coffee shop are steadily gaining foothold in Ireland... thank god! Coffee is my life and blood!!

191057065-M.jpg

This photo came from Howth along its cliff trail! It was an awesome hike!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    OffTopicOffTopic Registered Users Posts: 521 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2007
    Ooooh, I love Ireland! The countryside is so beautiful and the people are wonderful! I have family there, but haven't visited in a few years. Glad to hear they are finally getting some decent coffee. Every time I've visited I would've sold my soul for a decent cup of coffee.

Nice shots Moogle Pepper, you brought back some great memories. Did you get to Dublin at all? That city is wonderful for photography.
  • Options
    edited September 27, 2007
    thanks! I keep making my friends depressed whenever they see my photographs of Ireland. Cause they wanted to go too! I really miss it, so I am saving up my cash to go again next summer. I must go back! It is imperative! I felt so at home there!

The coffee was good, though I missed the Starbucks and One World Coffee that I get near work. However, it is pretty expensive, then again, almost everything in Ireland is expensive.

I did go to Ireland! It was a very very busy place to be! Dublin.

186479994-M.jpg

186480090-M.jpg
    Me standing by the entrance of Trinity College in Dublin. It is so pretty!

186479654-M.jpg

186480380-M.jpg

186482312-M.jpg

186800402-M.jpg
    Here i never expected to see people laying down bricks for a brick road over tar pavement..
    186803187-M.jpg
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    OffTopicOffTopic Registered Users Posts: 521 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2007
    Oooh, and you made it to Trinity! My uncle was provost there from 1991-2001, so we use to stay in the Provost's House when we'd visit if we weren't heading out to the country. It was like living in a museum. I see you had the usual weather! rolleyes1.gif

Thanks again for sharing your photos Moogle Pepper. I have hundreds of photos from Ireland but they're all on film. I started trying to scan all of my negatives and slides, but it got to be too time consuming and I wasn't happy with the results. Maybe someday...
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2007
    I loved Trinity college. Its age puts Princeton to shame. :Drolleyes1.gif

But I wonder if the buildings there, is that all? Or maybe I am used to campuses with lots of buildings.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    eeyore2502eeyore2502 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited December 7, 2008
    Loving the pictures, its great seeing pictures of Ireland from a tourists point of view.

Can't wait to start out with me new camera after christmas.
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    Nice Photos...The Warmest folks, those Irish!

cheers, tom
    tom wise
  • Options
    grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,534 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    Nice series of shots!! Looks like you had a wonderful trip.
  • Options
    roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    Beautiful set of images. wings.gifclap.gif :ivar
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2008
    Thanks! At first I thought someone else went to Ireland, but found out that it was my Ireland thread!

The Irish are the warmest folk! Cheers to them for being great hosts to me!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com