Options

Wished I could have seen this one ...

digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
edited December 11, 2008 in Weddings
On Saturday, I was with our 2 grandkids at the Canadian Children's Museum, located with the Canadian Museum of Civilization located in Ottawa (well, actually across the river in Gatineau :D ). Anyway, on the way back to the underground parking, we walked past the Grand Hall and discovered a wedding reception soon to happen ...

Just a small, intimate affair ...

433069421_xDvYk-L.jpg

For about 400 of your closest friends and family :D .

The photographer was setting up with a boat load of assistants. Looked like no expense was spared.

As I said in the title, wished I could have seen this one ...

Comments

• Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2008
    Wow what an awesome setting for a reception! Bet that was a pricey wedding.
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2008
    I have seen that place before!
    I borrowed a sample KISS album from the company founder Kevin Swan who is based here in Indianapolis. I swear the wedding in that album was held in this venue. There was an awesome panoramic image I'll never forget...shot from behind the bride and groom coming down the staircase and that amazing glass wall was in the background. I do remember him telling me it was shot in Canada but I don't know who the photographer was.

I wish now I still had it to check and show you guys!!!!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    jethibodjethibod Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2008
    Hey digismile! A fellow Ottawan!! Ottawaian? Hm...anyway - lovely shot - that would have been something to see, especially with all the snow outside! I wonder where the head table was set up?
    Jen

Live today like you'll wish you would have 10 years in the future. You only get one life; this is it...live it up. -
    Joy Nash