Options

misty morn

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited December 11, 2008 in Landscapes
went to the park near my house a week or so ago, before the fog lifted, and got this shot of some old, half-rotted pilings, remnants of a decades-gone cross-lake ferry dock, leading off into the mist, with the far shore shrouded in fog... i liked the misty, mysterious feel of the view, so i snapped a couple of shots. 5D, Tammy 24-135 @ 62mm, 1/320 @ f/7.1...

IMG_6080sm.jpg
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• Options
    coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    I like this shot, very nice composition. There's just enough stuff above the horizon to give you a hint of what's there, and the subtle gradient from the foreground to the background is cool too.
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    Wow, yes I second Ron's statement. At first glance I didn't see the horizon stuff, but on second glance I did. And I love the hint of perspective that it adds. thumb.gif
  • Options
    davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2008
    Cool. Graphic, angular, natural. The buoy in the mid background adds a lot of depth too.

Cheers,
    David
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 11, 2008
    Nice minimalism. Good creativity. thumb.gif
  • Options
    Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2008
    Thanks for sharing this. I love the composition. I had to get it close to my face to see the bouy off in the distance and could just barely discern the houses in the distance... Lots of little pockets of interest here.

When looked closely at it, I noticed what looked like a lot of dust spots on my monitor. I tried to brush them off but alas they are in the photo. Do you see them in original as well? Dust on the lens or the sensor?
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited December 11, 2008
    nice capture!thumb.gif I like it.
  • Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2008
    I like it. It reminds me of a similar photo I once saw in a Japanese photography book, dated era 1940-45.
    Growing with Dgrin