Options

Found: Gitzo tripod, RRS head, PCL-1 panning head

TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
edited December 11, 2008 in The Kitchen Sink
ok, before i buy all new equipment at retail whats the chance someone out there has a setup like this and would like to sell it....? i would guess none, but its worth a try...

im looking for one of two set-ups...

Gitzo series 3 carbon fiber tripod, w/RRS BH55

or

Gitzo series 2 carbon fiber tripod, w/RRS BH40

also, looking for a RRS PCL-1, or even a Ultimate-Pro Omni-Pivot multilevel pano rig.
Aaron Nelson

Comments

• Options
    Richard RickardRichard Rickard Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2008
    Gitzo
    I am sellling a Gitzo 1325 for $430.
    ok, before i buy all new equipment at retail whats the chance someone out there has a setup like this and would like to sell it....? i would guess none, but its worth a try...

or

also, looking for a RRS PCL-1, or even a Ultimate-Pro Omni-Pivot multilevel pano rig.
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2008
    i will need to do some reading to see if that will do me...thanks
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2008
    still looking
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    You might keep an eye out for this stuff on ebay. I'll guess that the forums here have rather more active photogs and the FS stuff is more likely going towards upgrades. When you own some RRS ball heads and a top Gitzo tripod there isn't much upgrading to do. Now I have been successful in getting good prices, both buthing and selling, for used RRS camera plates on ebay. For a Pano mount you might want to look at the Nodal Ninja stuff. Well made and good support.

Cheers,
    David

Another thought is to wait after Christmas and hope that there is an increase in used gear for sale.
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2008
    thanks David, yes i agree this equipment is an upgrade and very little chance someone would upgrade from it to something else...i fear ebay...so i will just wait
    ...im just looking to see if there is anyone that over bought and dont use it....(and willing to take a resale hit)

the rig i priced from RRS is $1650, i plan on getting it when tax returns roll around, unless someone wants to unload a nice set-up before then.

anyway, i think im leaning toward the series 3, and BH-55....

but for sure i will be getting the PCL-1 with one or the other....

thumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2008
    Why fear ebay?
  • Options
    DamnlousyinterfaceDamnlousyinterface Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 10, 2008
    Series 2
    Hi Aaron. I have a Series 2 (1257) Carbon 6x. In fine shape, but turns out it is a bit too short for my increasingly creaky back. (I'm 6'2"). No head. Couple of small scratches, no significant dings, excellent working order. Street is $450. How about $350?

or

• Options
    edited December 11, 2008
    thanks everyone, im going with series 3 & bh-55

thanks for the offers
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 11, 2008
    im going with series 3 & bh-55
    That's what I have. Just out of curiosity, which 3 series were you thinking? I have the 3530 LSV (long) and BH-55.
  • Options
    edited December 11, 2008
    GT3531LS
    http://reallyrightstuff.com/rrs/Itemdesc.asp?ic=GT3530LS&eq=&Tp=

not ordered yet, do you suggest something different?
    (im waiting til after the holidays)
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 11, 2008
    The link you gave is what I have and recommend. That's the 3530 LS. Here's what it says.

"This is a new model for Gitzo. It is the updated version of the now discontinued GT3530LSV but without the video bowl adapter."

Mine is actually the 3530 LSV which is the same thing, although I got the bowl adapter thrown is as well, which I don't need. That's just how they came back then.

However, you said "GT3531LS", which I'm assuming was a typo.

You are going to absolutely love this setup. nod.gif

-joel