Options

Miriam: on the deck (18+)

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited December 12, 2008 in Go Figure
Well, I simply HAD to process these first.. :rofl
With some I wasn't sure if I want it color or bw, so I decided to produce both.

1: IMG_1617:

433975032_NmBA8-XL.jpg

2: IMG_1622:

433974988_x4eki-XL.jpg

3: IMG_1622bw:

433975087_Uzf8r-XL.jpg

4: IMG_1629:

433975122_nWQz6-XL.jpg

5: IMG_1634:

433975177_wdhy7-XL.jpg

6: IMG_1641:

433975201_siGAg-XL.jpg

7: IMG_1641bw:

433975211_AZpah-XL.jpg

8: IMG_1645:

433975270_TceMR-X2.jpg

9: IMG_1645bw:

433975324_cTycn-X2.jpg

Enjoy! C&C is welcome!
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    Lovely frames, as always.

I have to say that #7 is a standout for me though. I don't really know why, it's just my favorite.

I am a sucker for B&W though - particularly when it's body forms.

#8 has my favorite background from the lot, but not my favorite pose - she seems like maybe a splinter or something. It's just not working for me... And her skin is all weird - compression artifacts or ? It really stands out in the black and white.

Once again you have shamed my pitiful skills - excellent work thumb.gif

P.S. That's one brave soul to skamper out beside the water in the birthday suit. I'm now adding my telescope to my sailing gear...deal.gif
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited December 10, 2008
    Tough lighting situation wasn't it? Especially for #2/3, do you have a graduated ND filter for these situations?
  • Options
    Dave CleeDave Clee Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    I love #3 and #7...Not sure why but I find the bridge in the background distracting in the others.

Of course the lighting is great in all of them.

Also #9 has the skin looking very "weird" especially on the thigh area..

Beautiful subject that is obviously game for some creative shots.

I am curious but would a series of shots like this be a paying client, or do you use this type of work to enhance your portfolio ?

Do you have to pay the model ? Or do you trade off her time for yours ?

Cheers

Dave
    Still searching for the light...

http://www.daveclee.com

Nikon D3 and a bunch of nikkor gear
    that has added up over the years :wink
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    It is strange how clothing so distracts. This model, if she is the same from other of your and Ann's post looks entirely different and much more balanced disrobed.

What an awesome place to do these shots! And what awesome shots they are. Poses 1, 2,3 are very nicely done and posed. Classics.

Cheers, tom
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2008
    Lovely frames, as always.

I have to say that #7 is a standout for me though. I don't really know why, it's just my favorite.

I am a sucker for B&W though - particularly when it's body forms.

#8 has my favorite background from the lot, but not my favorite pose - she seems like maybe a splinter or something. It's just not working for me... And her skin is all weird - compression artifacts or ? It really stands out in the black and white.

Once again you have shamed my pitiful skills - excellent work thumb.gif

P.S. That's one brave soul to skamper out beside the water in the birthday suit. I'm now adding my telescope to my sailing gear...deal.gif

Thank you! thumb.gif

I agree some poses/angles could've being done better, but ne_nau.gif ...

As to the last bw I was trying to bring her skin up and make it glow, prolly need to do more work on that....
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2008
    MagicKiwi wrote:
    Tough lighting situation wasn't it? Especially for #2/3, do you have a graduated ND filter for these situations?
    Yes, it was a hot afternoon sun, but I was a bit counting on it. We also used reflector to comp the shadows from the back. As to ##2,3 - no ND no, just exposed for the bg, I was countng on getting more silhouette type of capture.
    Thanks for commenting! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2008
    Dave Clee wrote:
    I love #3 and #7...Not sure why but I find the bridge in the background distracting in the others.

Of course the lighting is great in all of them.

Also #9 has the skin looking very "weird" especially on the thigh area..

Beautiful subject that is obviously game for some creative shots.

I am curious but would a series of shots like this be a paying client, or do you use this type of work to enhance your portfolio ?

Do you have to pay the model ? Or do you trade off her time for yours ?

Cheers

Dave

Dave, thank you for stopping by! thumb.gif
    Yeah, I hear ya on #9...mwink.gif
    This was a portfolio shoot (and kinda makeshift model shooting class for the ladies:-). Pure trade, no $$ involved. I rarely post the results of the paid work, since it's mostly includes confidentiality agreement.
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2008
    angevin1 wrote:
    It is strange how clothing so distracts. This model, if she is the same from other of your and Ann's post looks entirely different and much more balanced disrobed.

What an awesome place to do these shots! And what awesome shots they are. Poses 1, 2,3 are very nicely done and posed. Classics.

Cheers, tom
    Thanks Tom!
    Yeah, clothing (or the lack of thereof) may have a strange effect on the look mwink.gif
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    I love 2/3. Very natural looking.

Caroline
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2008
    I love 2/3. Very natural looking.
    Caroline
    Thank you, Caroline! thumb.gif
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Thanks Tom!
    Yeah, clothing (or the lack of thereof) may have a strange effect on the look mwink.gif

yw!

I mean it! Whenever I shoot nudes, out of doors especially I typically always have a feel or a vision of what I want to capture. For me at least clothing distracts, and the absence of it allows my mind to see more clearly. Easy to ascribe sexual meta-messages to my true message, but my day job I work with naked people constantly ( ICU Nurse). So working with nudes is natural & comfortable for me.

So...I like your models' expressions (poses) better nude!

cheers, tom
    tom wise
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    I like 1 & 2. I like 1 because of the curve of the lines of the bridge and the curve/arch of the back seem to compliment. I like #2 because it looks well placed and good overall vibe, the photo is very calming.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    edited December 11, 2008
    I like 1 & 2. I like 1 because of the curve of the lines of the bridge and the curve/arch of the back seem to compliment. I like #2 because it looks well placed and good overall vibe, the photo is very calming.
    Thanks! thumb.gif
    In fact, #1 is Miriam's favorite, too:-) clap.gif
  • Options
    glennpglennp Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2008
    Some great shots Nik! For me, #2 stands out. Like the natural feel about it.

glenn
  • Options
    WinemanWineman Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2008
    Hey Nik, great as always, number 1 and 3 are my favorites!!! just love the sun in her skin...

Z.
    I do not suffer insanity... I enjoy it!!!
  • Options
    edited December 12, 2008
    glennp wrote:
    Some great shots Nik! For me, #2 stands out. Like the natural feel about it.

glenn
    Thanks Glenn! thumb.gif
    Yeah, that pose is something.. In fact, I almost missed it, since I was shooting towards the GGB, but my Helen, who was in that spot holding reflector, called me "Dad, Dad, check out this angle". Kinda reminds you of the necessity to *always* check out the alternative angles... deal.gif
  • Options
    edited December 12, 2008
    Wineman wrote:
    Hey Nik, great as always, number 1 and 3 are my favorites!!! just love the sun in her skin...

Z.
    Thanks, Z! Sun was great indeed! thumb.gif