Options

prelude to a necessary sensor cleaning . . .

wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
edited May 1, 2005 in Holy Macro
20835711-M.jpg

more pics at this link:

I wonder which sensor cleaning method (copperhill, etc) works best post-sandstorm???
john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
Edward Steichen

Comments

• Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2005
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2005
    That photo is a spin. I was a young fella working at a military base in melbourne in '82 when i walked outside & looked straight at a dust storn closing in. The sun was gone & i remember we were trying to drive home in a bus & we just kept stopping getting pedestrians onboard as they were having trouble breathing caught in it.

Here is a shot of it....not my photo.
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    That photo is a spin. I was a young fella working at a military base in melbourne in '82 when i walked outside & looked straight at a dust storn closing in. The sun was gone & i remember we were trying to drive home in a bus & we just kept stopping getting pedestrians onboard as they were having trouble breathing caught in it.

Here is a shot of it....not my photo.
    Cool picture.

These shots look like something the CGI folks might produce as a "special effect" for a blockbuster movie.

Mother Nature - Queen of the special effects. . .
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2005
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2005
    USAIR wrote:
    Try here for cleaning sensor
    Thanks, link is a good one and I've used the methods before.

Luckily I wasn't in this sandstorm but was amused by the amazing pics on yahoo. But any soldier in Iraq with a dslr who went through that storm - they'll need that link for sure!
    john w

Edward Steichen

• Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2005
    After a serious dust storm, you might need some wet cleaning like this.:D
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2005
    digismile wrote:
    After a serious dust storm, you might need some wet cleaning like this.:D
    :)::)::)::):

Cool new Canon feature, indeed!
    john w

Edward Steichen