Options

Identifying compact flash cards

lightyearlightyear Registered Users Posts: 185 Major grins
edited December 19, 2008 in Technique
I apologize for this very basic question, but references and camera store clerks (duh)I asked couldn't answer this: What kind of pen or writing device can I use to write on the back of the normal (Sandisk, Kingston, Transend)CF cards so that I can identify them. I have tried ball pens, felt pen: no luck. I would like to identify the cards alphanumerically and then note in my notebook what is on them(e.g. "birthday party"). This method seems more useful than trying to actualy write on the cards what is on them once. I had a friend who used a small sticker on his CF card that he wrote the letters/number on, but the sticker peeled of in his camera and he had to very carefully tweeze it out and hoped that no adhesive jammed anything (so far it hasn't). I suspect that most of you have figured this out a long time ago. Answers appreciated. Thanks.
Stan

Comments

• Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2008
    I used a Sharpie on mine. Seems to have done the trick over time, although i have one card that has rubbed off a bit ...
  • Options
    pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2008
    I've used permanent fine-tip markers on my cards. Sandisk puts a space for that purpose on the back of the card, which is nice :D
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • Options
    wats005wats005 Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited December 19, 2008
    pyry wrote:
    I've used permanent fine-tip markers on my cards. Sandisk puts a space for that purpose on the back of the card, which is nice :D
    I use a stamp to id my different cards. seems to work so far. I have the issues with normal pens too.

Scrapbook supply stores have a lot of pens that work on that surface though....
    Erica

Still Learning.......
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2008
    ultra sharp sharpies or non acidic gold paint pen as fine tip as one can get.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited December 19, 2008
    Black plastic model paint, perhaps, will work.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin