Help!!!!

dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
edited April 15, 2004 in Technique
Ok there is alot wrong with this photo but there are some good points of it too. Personally I think the model is great but the lighting sucked and so did where I was forced to shoot the pic's so no good background and etc. That and I didn't have full creative control on this as I was taking nor control over the time given. Think I did decent for what I had to work with and being as these are just gonna be for the internet anyways. Tell me what you think and any tips. Oh and if ya could How do I keep the red eye from happening in the first place.

enoughalready.gif
Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
www.zxstudios.com
http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com

Comments

• Stunt ClownStunt Clown Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited April 14, 2004
    For your red eye problem. Many cameras have a "red eye reduction" feature. Basically, the flash flickers before going off for real. What this does is cause the iris of the eye to close down (bright light effect) and thus reduce the likelihood of the red eye showing up.
    The other method is to remove it in post processing with a program like Photoshop Elements. Element has a specific tool for getting rid of red eye. I'm sure most photo editing programs have a similar feature as this is a common problem.

The only advice I would have is to always try to focus on the eyes. Whether it is your daughter, your dog or a grasshopper.

Good luck.
    -Pete-

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
    Of course, so does falling down a flight of stairs.
  • fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2004
    A few things. Avoid direct flash. If you have to use flash, use off-camera flash and a diffuser or bounce. If your subject is light colored, as this one is, try to put her in front of a dark contrasting background. And then there's the expression on her face....even if the technical aspects of the image were perfect, the grimace transcends all.

Redeye is easy to fix in post production...however it's a good indicator that you used stark lighting.

Hope this helps.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2004
    Fish are you saying it wasn't a good grimace? Thought that was the best facial expression i got out of the girls all day. I know I would be better off with a external flash, unfortunatley that wasnt an option with the Cannon A80. The lighting sucked as did the background. But thank you for the tips it will help prove my point to my boss. I will start researching alternatives for a external flash. Hopefully I will have some better lighting soon and won't need the flash at all.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com