Options

Farrah and Evyn wedding..

zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
edited December 22, 2008 in Weddings
Well this is catch up day on posting..
This is from late October. This wedding is at this new venue that is made to look like a castle. Some think it is tacky but I really like it, there are lots of cool spots to shoot and the people that run it are great..

This is a new shot I have been trying where the groom runs at the groomsmen and then jumps and they catch him..the guys have fun with it.
436453750_Y5pjJ-O.jpg

Number 2 in the sequence. Here they are just horsing around..no they did not almost drop him on his head on the concrete ...
436453752_Yvo6y-O.jpg

436453684_uGgT3-O.jpg

436453778_W2guP-O.jpg

Bride and her Father arriving in the horse and carriage.
436453743_QEuyS-O.jpg

Bouquet toss, I turned it red so you could see it. They put up quite a tussle...
436453774_nuM9s-O.jpg

This little girl was so cute petting these huge horses. She was one of the flower girls.
436453767_DQfh2-O.jpg

The bride got locked "IN" the shop where she got her hair done so arrived to the ceremony very late. We had about 10 minutes to shoot her bridal portraits and bride and groom shots at the end of everything(they had to be out at a certain time). No time to set up any lights so I had them throw open the front door and we shot using that late afternoon light coming in the door. We had 20 minutes total to get all the bridal party shots bride and groom shots and formals....talk about FLAME ON but we did it...

436453701_Ejy8G-O.jpg

OK run upstairs to the balcony and on 3 look relaxed....
436453694_QVaNr-O.jpg

This is the Castle venue. Day started off very cold cloudy and windy.
436453716_zuVKk-O.jpg

This the brides get ready room, kind of cluttered but no time to tidy up.

436453730_tL6fA-O.jpg

436453738_n7F9c-O.jpg

436453719_R6Gim-O.jpg

On the march to the car to leave, the sun was out and they wrapped them up in these colorful ribbons and I think that is bird seed they were throwing at them.

436453709_aJCQH-O.jpg

Right after the ceremony, I had the carriage stop for a couple quick shots while the sun was out.
436453763_PPZEa-O.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2008
    AWESOMENESS!! clap.gifclapclap.gif
  • Options
    clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2008
    Very nice series. I love the location.clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • Options
    sherijohnsonsherijohnson Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2008
    I agree with you, I like the castle! Great job!
    Sheri Johnson
    Atlanta, GA USA
    my smugmug
    Atlanta Modern Wedding Photographer
    SheriJohnsonPhotography.com
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2008
    Great shots! I love the vibrant colors.
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2008
    FWIW - I think you did a stunning job, especially considering the very short period of time you had available to you to get the "formals" made. thumb.gif Well done, indeed.

I think my favorites are (and you didn't make it easy to choose just a couple):

436453701_Ejy8G-S.jpg

and (would love to know something of the processing for this one!)

436453730_tL6fA-S.jpg
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2008
    You know what I love about this set? I love how somehow you manage to get everything in the shot within the Depth of Field and still maintain a simplistic feel. They don't feel cluttered at all, which is how I often feel when a less skilled person has everything in focus. I think it must be because you are the master at composition. I notice it with your other shots too. Simply amazing work.

(The bride looks very relaxed after her ordeal. Impressive!)

What is the aspect ratio of your panos?
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2008
    Agnieszka wrote:
    AWESOMENESS!! clap.gifclapclap.gif

Thanks very much. I admire your work so this means a lot.
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2008
    Hi Scott,
    Thanks, appreciate the positive comments.
    Yeah it was a real track meet getting all the shots in.
    That is when you just have to take charge, and you know what I mean.
    I am really glad to see you liked the shot on the stairs. I was very lucky to have the large castle door right there so we could open it to get some nice light.

The second shot was black and white sepia and then blurred.
    FWIW - I think you did a stunning job, especially considering the very short period of time you had available to you to get the "formals" made. thumb.gif Well done, indeed.

436453701_Ejy8G-S.jpg

436453730_tL6fA-S.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2008
    Hi Heather,
    I really appreciate your comments. Positive feedback really help me keep on the right track.

I typically think background first before I shoot anything, maybe that contributes to the uncluttered look.

Yes the bride and groom seemed bulletproof nothing fazed them.
    I think when the photographer takes charge and seems to know what he is doing that takes the pressure off them....
    Plus they were just awesome people to begin with!!

You know what I love about this set? I love how somehow you manage to get everything in the shot within the Depth of Field and still maintain a simplistic feel. They don't feel cluttered at all, which is how I often feel when a less skilled person has everything in focus. I think it must be because you are the master at composition. I notice it with your other shots too. Simply amazing work.

(The bride looks very relaxed after her ordeal. Impressive!)

What is the aspect ratio of your panos?
  • Options
    geospatial_junkiegeospatial_junkie Registered Users Posts: 707 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2008
    Wow! Awesome stuff zoomer. clap.gif

Where was the location?
    "They've done studies you know. Sixty-percent of the time, it works every time."

My Website
    My Photo Blog
    Twitter Feed
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2008
    Thanks to everyone who took the time to comment.

This venue is Castle Gardens near Boise Idaho.

Wow! Awesome stuff zoomer. clap.gif

Where was the location?
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2008
    Beautiful work, your processing seems to fit the venue and the feel of the day. Lovely staircase shot of the bride, and I think the BW of the couple on the balcony is my favorite, very nicely done! She has great facial expressions in these.

Also love the cake shot, absolutely amazing lighting! Was that a big window camera left? Just beautiful, one of the nicer cake shots I've seen!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2008
    Thanks Urbanaries, appreciate your feedback!
    You would have laughed at the balcony shot, we took the shot of her in the dress on the stairs while he was waiting up on the balcony.
    She ran upstairs to the balcony while I ran outside. We took two quick pictures on the balcony and then we had to shoot the bride and groom pictures so they both ran outside to meet me on the drawbridge. it was nuts... They had a toasting session where anyone in the room could make a toast...it ate up 40 minutes of my shooting time at the end...all the while I was mentally crossing off shots I had planned that we were not going to get and prioritizing the shots we absolutely had to get.

There were actually 3 large windows. The sun was coming in the window from the left, the two large windows behind the cake I cloned out.
    Trust me it was a challenge shooting the cake cutting shots with those three large windows there.

urbanaries wrote:
    Beautiful work, your processing seems to fit the venue and the feel of the day. Lovely staircase shot of the bride, and I think the BW of the couple on the balcony is my favorite, very nicely done! She has great facial expressions in these.

Also love the cake shot, absolutely amazing lighting! Was that a big window camera left? Just beautiful, one of the nicer cake shots I've seen!
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2008
    Wow..what a spectacular venue. I love the bride on the staircase! Horse drawn carraige? Oh what a great day. Beautiful processing for the theme. I'll bet they'll be thrilled.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2008
    I'm just going to give a big ditto to what scott said here, and add that the lighting on the stair shot simply could not have been better imho... Just wonderful!!!!

Matt

436453701_Ejy8G-S.jpg

436453730_tL6fA-S.jpg
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2008
    clap.gif Such an elegant approach to the wedding!
  • Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2008
    Great Photos! bowdown.gif

The only thing I seen to nitpick was in shot #3 the bridemaide on the right is not smiling and her bouquet is hanging down instead of up like the other bridemaides.

Chuck
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2008
    Very nice Zoomer...once again...

It seems that you have developed a niche that sets you apart from the usual wedding shooters.

Well done.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2008
    Too bad you didn't have a nice setting.mwink.gif

Great set!