21115965-L.jpg

21115972-M.jpg

21115976-L.jpg

21115979-L.jpg

21115986-L.jpg

21115998-L.jpg

21116008-L.jpg

21115952-L.jpg
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2005
    Now we know why you are exhausted! I'm tired just looking at all the energy and excitement in those photos. You did a nice job with what looks like a group of challenging subjects. Do you have any close ups of just the baby?

mitch
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2005
    Mitchell wrote:
    Now we know why you are exhausted! I'm tired just looking at all the energy and excitement in those photos. You did a nice job with what looks like a group of challenging subjects. Do you have any close ups of just the baby?

mitch
    Yes, but for such a beautiful family, the baby did not turn out well (as a photo).

The reason for that may be that I use my wide angle lens, 17-40L, for baptisms right now. I just went to take one baptism photo. People don't want to buy. If they want anything, they want me to just e-mail them a free photo. I have refused in the past, asked them to pay about $5.00 for a 5 X 7, off of my smugmug site. They don't. (They are a very well off group of people, the parishioners) But most of them are the cheapest............

I take photos of strangers, they do everything they can to get ahold of me and want to pay whatever it takes to get "bad" photos that I am embarrassed to sell them. Well, that happened once. The woman was so nice, too.

Others pay for better, or good photos. But not, in my experience, these parishioners. So I don't try "hard" anymore. I used to always get a "good" photo of the baby. In case. I have not sold one. So I forget to get one now.

The church just wants an e-mail photo that they can lift and cut and paste for their bulletin board. So that is what I give them.

And Sunday, I didn't even go to church. I really was tired. I showed up in shorts to take the baptism shot. But the family enchanted me. I actually thought, as I do, potential KPOTD. I have asked them to e-mail me. I took photos all over the place, including the baby. I can see potential in the baby, but at this point, well, it is not the best looking baby, and that lens was not kind to it.

If I were making money I would buy another 28-135, I guess. As it is, the church gets theirs, I get mine, if they want to buy something, my prices are not marked up right now. I mark them up, they somehow get bumped down to free. I was up all night, I noticed, and so did someone else, that alot of my originals were out for the public begging to be taken. I hid, or blocked the originals and changed my password. That was time consuming.

So to answer your question. Yes, I have photos of the baby. But no good ones.

ginger (thanks so much for stopping and commenting) These people have friends with good digital cameras, there, for the occasion, so that might be why they are "cheap" people.

I do not have anything they do not think they can get for free.

Now this coming Sunday is the May Day Crowning. That is big in the Catholic Church and is gorgeous here. There will be lots of cameras. But I did shoot that two years ago, and a nice woman discovered that I had pictures of her child, and she paid well to get them. I am shooting that this year. In addition to another baptism. (That is exhausting to shoot. There are processions, flowers, singing, whatever.................they walk, I run.)

That was the first sale I made, and she had to practically talk me into pricing the photos. She kept saying, "Ginger, your photos are great. You are worth it". :D
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2005
    I really like your photos Ginger. I'm trying to start selling my photos... and I see it can be a hard thing to do.
    Anyway, what I find most amusing and interesting about the photos is how the little girl is treating her baby doll. I just love it.
    Keep it up Ginger!
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • GatorGator Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2005
    Ginger, I love the kids in the tree! Reminds me of the days when I too did my share of tree climbing!

Keep up the good work!thumb.gif