VENDOR: Custom Camera Straps - 15% OFF!

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited January 13, 2009 in Flea Market
Hi Gang

I would like to offer all Dgrin members 15% off any purchase at my online store www.phatstraps.com. Just use coupon code: Dgrin15

If you don't mind, I would like to take a moment to tell you a wee bit about my product. I began making camera straps after photographing my dog collars ( I also have a dog collar biz) and wanted to buy myself a better camera strap. That was when the light bulb came on and I realized, it's basically the same materials, just a different application. I made my own camera strap and shortly thereafter PhatStraps was born.

I am confident I make a quality product and also warrant my straps against workmanship and defects. I also offer a return/exchange policy. You can read more about that at my website.

We were also featured in September's issue of PMA Magazine so if you are a subscriber to that magazine, check us out!

Thanks for your time, if you have any special requests please feel free to PM me.

Jo Keyes
www.phatstraps.com

CameraStraps006-1.jpg

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited September 27, 2008
    Welcome, Jo - thanks for the intro and the coupon code thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited September 27, 2008
    Thanks Erik, It seems these forums may be addicting. Mainly the house of Canon iloveyou.gif
  • JasonLJasonL Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2008
    Longer
    Hello, thanks for the code, one question I have is will you make one longer for me? Thanks Jason
    So many toy's not enough money !

Nikon D300s. Nikon D40, Nikon FE, Nikon F
    Ansco Ancoset Rangefinder, Rolleiflex TLR Sb800, sb400

Nikon 18-200 VR, nikon 18-55 II, Sigma 10 20 HSM, 50mm f1.8 ai-s, 50mm Non Ai f1.4
    edited September 30, 2008
    Hi Jason

Thank you for your interest. What length are you looking for? I do offer custom lengths and there is a small additonal charge depending on the length. On the website you can order 30-40 or 50 inches but I can do other lengths as well. I also do custom widths if you prefer narrower or wider. My widest width being 2 inches.
  • zonasuezonasue Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited October 6, 2008
    I prefer professional straps made by http://www.actionstrap.com which have some nice leather ones or a custom pro camera strap by http://www.souldier.us which has many styles to choose from to design your own. I have some from both companies and highly recommend those.
    edited October 19, 2008
    Feedback
    I have had some inquiries about my camera straps and the lining option. I just wanted to add that you can view some of my feedback here at my etsy shop. Thank you all for your interest.

http://www.etsy.com/feedback_public.php?user_id=5557188
    edited November 12, 2008
    We have Argyle!
    Many have asked for it and we now have it! I have several new Argyle prints to choose from. You can see them all at www.phatstraps.com

RedArgyle1.jpg

preppyargylecs.jpg
    edited December 27, 2008
    I wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for your orders and patience. I had an overwhelming Holiday rush. I wanted to extend the 15% off coupon through January. You can now order you Custom Camera Straps with the discount until Feb 2nd.

Coupon code: Dgrin15
    Redeem at www.phatstraps.com

wovenlabel.jpg
  • PamaniPamani Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited December 30, 2008
    oh man, that Argyle strap is all me.
  • Stretch240sxStretch240sx Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    I was wondering if you were able to change the design a little... can you flare it out in the middle where the strap would rest on the neck to like 3 inch?
    1904Photography.smugmug.com
    edited January 13, 2009
    I was wondering if you were able to change the design a little... can you flare it out in the middle where the strap would rest on the neck to like 3 inch?

I suppose this is something I would consider doing as a custom job. 3 inches is very wide, much wider than you may think. It's also hard to find 3 inch webbing and it's much more expensive. FYI. I just happen to have a supplier that has 3 inch wide webbing. I have been looking into the price of 3 inch webbing for my upcoming guitar straps.

Jo