Options

Monitor calibration

TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
edited December 27, 2008 in Technique
My main 37" monitor crapped out last month. So I hauled my equpment to the living room. I'm currently working off my sharp Aquos 52" and I'm wondering if my calibration is correct. The images look great on my screen, can someone take a look at these recent images I processed and see if they look fine in general? Most likely, I'll get a few prints from Smugmug to see what the final result will look like.

Thanks for your time.

441125921_fCfs9-L.jpg
441125838_F43zs-L.jpg
Frank Martinez
Nikon Shooter
It's all about the moment...

Comments

• Options
    Rene`Rene` Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2008
    Color looks fine to me.
    But, I don't like the crop on the first one.
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2008
    Color looks fine to me.

Now, I just got a new calibrating device and I was wondering how this looks to you folks???

443289492_LV5sk-L-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2008
    Rene` wrote:

Thanks Rene. The crop was done like that purposely so that we can see the difference in the deep browns from the wood floor.
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2008
    Rene` wrote:

Now, I just got a new calibrating device and I was wondering how this looks to you folks???

443289492_LV5sk-L-1.jpg

I regards to the photo, the high key treament looks fine. The two light setup worked well. The colors look just about right and whites are whites and blacks are blacks.
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
  • Options
    8x10nomore8x10nomore Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited December 27, 2008
    You really need to output the image
    Rene` wrote:

Even though my monitor is a high quality crt and continually calibrated, you really should seek the quality in a reproduction. If you produce work for cmyk sources, check with your printer. If you work with i lab all the time, see if their output matches your screen. I hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2008
    Thanks!
    8x10nomore wrote:
    Rene` wrote:

Even though my monitor is a high quality crt and continually calibrated, you really should seek the quality in a reproduction. If you produce work for cmyk sources, check with your printer. If you work with i lab all the time, see if their output matches your screen. I hope this helps.

I totally understand what you are saying. But........I have to wait for the prints to arrive and my printing company is not open til Monday morning. So, I have to wait til then to get test prints ordered.

I was just hoping for some feedback from photographers who also have calibrated monitors that seem to work for them. (While I am waiting) So, did it look decent on your monitor???

Thanks!
    Rene`
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2008
    Rene` wrote:
    8x10nomore wrote:

I totally understand what you are saying. But........I have to wait for the prints to arrive and my printing company is not open til Monday morning. So, I have to wait til then to get test prints ordered.

I was just hoping for some feedback from photographers who also have calibrated monitors that seem to work for them. (While I am waiting) So, did it look decent on your monitor???

Thanks!
    Rene`

The density looks good. The bow in the girl's hair has a bueish cast to it and the skin tones are just a tiny bit magenta. Overall it is close.
    I hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2008
    Thanks!
    8x10nomore wrote:
    Rene` wrote:

The density looks good. The bow in the girl's hair has a bueish cast to it and the skin tones are just a tiny bit magenta. Overall it is close.
    I hope this helps.

Thank you !~
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2008
    Rene` wrote:
    8x10nomore wrote:

Thank you !~

You're welcome. Please let me know how the print looks when you get it back. What kind of calibration unit did you get?
    Best regards-
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2008
    Thanks!
    8x10nomore wrote:
    Rene` wrote:

You're welcome. Please let me know how the print looks when you get it back. What kind of calibration unit did you get?
    Best regards-

Thanks! I will. I got the eye-one display 2.