Options

18+: Beach silhouettes

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited December 28, 2008 in Go Figure
"Tell me, what is wrong with E?"

That was the title of one of my favorite Cris Rea songs that was spinning in my head while I was shooting Lauren, a gorgeous 5'6"/126lbs UK native complete with a cute British accent and a pair of probably the most perfect "E" cups I have ever seen...

So I thought I'd share some frames here. All taken with 50D + 70-200, ambient light only (exposed for bg), curves in ACR, minor adjustments in PS.

1:

423779227_yn8mS-XL.jpg

2:

423779310_rF4Mm-XL.jpg

3:

423779370_AnAwz-XL.jpg

4:

423779445_WTkZB-XL.jpg

5:

423779500_NuS7d-XL.jpg

6:

423779563_osYEt-XL.jpg

Enjoy!
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    Lovely shots! thumb.gif

I think I like #6 the best, I feel like it has more balance than the others and I like the little flair of color from the undergarments. #2 would have to be my least favorite (despite all of them being great) due to the unfortunate shadow appearing like an extra nipple.headscratch.gif

Great work :D
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    #3 and #6 are my favorites. I do really like the color of 6 that still leaves a ton to the imagination, but "enlightens". The silhouette poses with her hands in her are are the sexiest poses.

Nice series!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    WinemanWineman Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    Lovely shots! thumb.gif

I think I like #6 the best, I feel like it has more balance than the others and I like the little flair of color from the undergarments. #2 would have to be my least favorite (despite all of them being great) due to the unfortunate shadow appearing like an extra nipple.headscratch.gif

Great work :D

It looks like it IS a nipple, from the other breast, and yes, it does NOT look good...

I agree that 6 and 5 are the best, the rest are very good, but I wish there was one where her whole body was in a siluete, the rock covers the tush... couldn't you just move the rock behind her???headscratch.gifrolleyes1.gif

Z.
    I do not suffer insanity... I enjoy it!!!
  • Options
    edited November 25, 2008
    Thanks guys! iloveyou.gif
    I apologize for writing a "mass reply" but since it's a pre-moderated forum making multiple posts is kinda PITA :-) ne_nau.gif
    Yeah, I see the "extra nipple" issue on #2. I guess in my mind I still vividly remember the less contrasty "original" where it didn't stand out that much, since it was obvious there were two breasts and not just one. Anyway, it is what it is and I'll fix it asap and replace the image, so it won't be a problem for long. Thank you for catching that up! thumb.gif
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    Cool photos.

I'd say #6 is my fav, too, but 5 is close for me. I like the sunlight on the curve of her back, and the way the lines of her body play with the lines of the rock. The sexiest poses to me are those in which the model doesn't look like she's trying to be sexy. The hand on the hip in #3 looks like she's trying, but the others look more natural to me.

Caroline
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    Nice job with these, Nik.

#6 is my favorite because you were able to minimize the rock in the background. I just find that the rock competes with her silhouette in the other shots.

Do you have any of these shots that you lit with your strobes?mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2008
    Caroline, thank you!

Mitch, good point about the rock. I was mostly shooting her lit, in which case rocks provided nice backdround against which her body popped out better. And when we - very briefly - switched to the silhouetts I totally phased out on the fact that now the rock behind becomes my foe instead of my friend.
    And yes, I have more of her, both clothed and, uhm, not fully, so stay tuned:-) mwink.gif
  • Options
    glennpglennp Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    Really like these Nik! #6 is my fav with #5 close behind. I do like the hint of color in #6.

glenn
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2008
    glennp wrote:
    Really like these Nik! #6 is my fav with #5 close behind. I do like the hint of color in #6.

glenn
    Thank Glenn!thumb.gif
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    I have to go with 1 on these. The pure silhouette and pose really work together on that one.
    Nice shots.
  • Options
    b8264db8264d Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited December 24, 2008
    I like #1 also, the pose really gets me. I do miss her wonderful smile in these, but they still work. Very nice.
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2008
    Apparently, not much! (is wrong with E)!

Your series at the Beach just gets betta!! It looks like it would have worked either way, even with a bit more lite surrounding her in these poses.

I think they are all superb.

Cheers, tom
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2008
    Zoomer, b8624d, Tom: thank you, guys! thumb.gif
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2008
    I am not sure if it is a navel piercing or the cloth on the front of the bikini bottom, but it is kind of breaking up the nice curve of the stomach on a few of the photos.

Having said that I like #2 the best of the bunch. I also like how see seems in the environment and not just in front of it.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    edited December 28, 2008
    I am not sure if it is a navel piercing or the cloth on the front of the bikini bottom, but it is kind of breaking up the nice curve of the stomach on a few of the photos.

Having said that I like #2 the best of the bunch. I also like how see seems in the environment and not just in front of it.

That was simply the part of the bottoms, methinks. headscratch.gif