Mini-challenge #67 -- Humor

13»

Comments

• GreydogGreydog Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited December 28, 2008
    Hello Everyone! I'm new here but wanted to enter this contest with a picture of one of our dogs as he watched a squirt of whip cream pass him by haahaa. I'm just beginning to check this site out and am enjoying myself tremendously mwink.gif I love seeing what you all have posted here. Awesome!!!! clap.gif

Lori
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2008
    welcome! and good luck!
    Aaron Nelson
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2008
    pyry wrote:
    I almost forgot I had this, I shot it for an earlier mini but missed the deadline. Almost missed it this time too lol3.gif

Snooze

im glad all that hard work paid off pyry!!! it would have scored very very high in my roundthumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • fotoeffectsfotoeffects Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited December 28, 2008
    There's Nothing Like a Little Chin Massage! - learnin
    444588223_FjN8B-L.jpg
    Richard wrote:
    Mini-challenge #67 - Humor

Let's have some fun. Just about anything funny will be OK, but I will be looking for humor conveyed mainly by the image, not just by words. So, for example, a picture of a clever bumper sticker or sign will not impress me. Juxtaposition, irony, slapstick, absurdity are all welcome. If this isn't clear, feel free to post questions in this thread.

Here are a couple of modest examples:

13853309_DQp3h-M.jpg

437822936_BxgPJ-L.jpg

I know we are trying to shorten the length of these contests, but I thought I would give a little more time since many people are going to busy with the holidays. The challenge begins now, and ends on Monday, December 29th 2008 at 12:01 AM EST. Any post made after that will be disqualified.

Winner and runner-ups to be announced by the end of this year. :D

Good Luck !

GENERAL RULES

1. Have fun sharing and seeing what others share!
    2. The host supplies a topic and you post 1-3 images. The host judges the winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd) and is not eligible to enter.
    The 1st place winner then chooses the next topic, judges the winner and passes on the baton to the new champion.
    3. Any photo you’ve taken is eligible, regardless of when taken or camera used.
    4. Any amount of post-processing is allowed. However, it is helpful if you list your camera and lens along with your photo.
    You may comment on other contestant's images. If you want someone to leave you some critique or criticism, put an asterisk (*) next to the title of the image.
    5. * The winner has up to three days (72 hours) to begin a new mini-challenge, or the honor goes to the #2 finisher and so forth.

Guidelines:
    1. Enter 1-3 photos and put them in a single post.
    2. Either embed your image in the thread or, if you must, supply a link to it. Keep in mind, however, most people don't want to click to open photos hosted elsewhere (i.e. on your website).
    3. Also try and resize your photos prior to posting so they're sized appropriately for viewing without having to scroll (~800 pixels on the longest side works best.)
    4. Give each image you enter a title.
    5. Enjoy discussion with members about their images, don't let this just be an entry thread!
    6. Don't be hesitant, share'em and enter!
    I'd appreciate comments/suggestions. The title is "There's Nothing Like a Little Chin Massage!"
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2008
    Chocolate Frosting Mmmm Mmm Mmm

444616100_ZiMQR-M.jpg

Must Not Waste Not
    444616095_ZhKVG-M.jpg

I Could Have Had a V8
    (took this of the Geico while watching TV)
    444615768_x5RKk-M.jpg

You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • fotoeffectsfotoeffects Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited December 28, 2008
    Forgot to list my equipment
    learnin wrote:
    444588223_FjN8B-L.jpgI'd appreciate comments/suggestions. The title is "There's Nothing Like a Little Chin Massage!"
    This is my first time for this --- was it as good for you? --- and I forgot to list my equipment. I use a Nikon D300 and have a number of lenses, 14 - 24mm/f2.8; 24 -70mm/f2.8; 70 - 200mm/f2.8 and a 200 - 400mm. All are Nikkor lenses. I carry a tripod everywhere, but I don't always use it. I think this shot was handheld.
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2008
    Hi Learnin

Just thought I would let you know that the "Mini Challenges" are informal, so no one really posts their equipment or exif data here. It is for fun.

Sometimes the photos get commented on, sometimes not. All depends.

Your equipment listing usually is posted in your profile info.

Hope this helps.

Peace,
    Donna P.
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited December 29, 2008
    This thread is now closed for submissions, though you can certainly continue to add comments if you like.

Results later today or tomorrow.

Well done, everyone. clap.gifclapclap.gif
  • GreydogGreydog Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited December 29, 2008
    welcome! and good luck!

Thank you AaronNelson :):