Options

Migration to sandbox time

Dave17Dave17 Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
edited July 31, 2013 in SmugMug Support
1) I am in the process of migrating to the sandbox. The "process" have been running for almost 90 minutes. How long should this take?

2) I use alot of smart galleries. How are they processed? Must I go through my entire site and re-create them?

Thanks.

--Dave
--Dave

Comments

• Options
    chaseltonchaselton Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2013
    Dave17 wrote: »
    1) I am in the process of migrating to the sandbox. The "process" have been running for almost 90 minutes. How long should this take?

2) I use alot of smart galleries. How are they processed? Must I go through my entire site and re-create them?

Thanks.

--Dave

1) By "migrating" do you mean that you clicked the "preview new smugmug" button?

2) In my experience, no you don't. Note: I have one primary smart gallery that I use for my public facing site.
    indefinite objects
    anything can be amazing
  • Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2013
    Dave17 wrote: »

So far it seems like it'll take forever and a day. Things in SM land seem to be a bit hectic, everything was down a few hours ago....nothing but blank websites. eek7.gif
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Options
    chaseltonchaselton Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2013
    Jeffro wrote: »
    So far it seems like it'll take forever and a day. Things in SM land seem to be a bit hectic, everything was down a few hours ago....nothing but blank websites. eek7.gif

Uh...not on my end. I've been playing with the new setup for the past several hours and, with the exception of the half hour or so before I cleared browser data, everything has been working just fine...sandbox and go-live.
    indefinite objects
    anything can be amazing
  • Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2013
    OK, I clicked the preview button over an hour ago... still no refresh of the page and I'm trying to do one of the most basic sites that I maintain...
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2013
    Preview time
    Yes - I clicked the preview button. Been "rounding up my stuff" for a long time.
    --Dave
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2013
    I hit migrate before the presentation. Took about 3 minutes. Would imagine there's just a big queue, folks.
  • Options
    EthanEthan Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited July 30, 2013
    I am having the same issue. I went to https://secure.smugmug.com/migration and hit "Preview".

This has been spinning for 45 minutes:

"Rounding Up Your Stuff
    This usually just takes a minute or two, but it could take longer. This page will automatically refresh when we're finished, but feel free to browse to other web pages and come back later. We'll also notify you via email when we're done."
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2013
    Sooooo........
    After three hours Smugmug is still "rounding up....". I am going to bed. Do I leave the "rounding up" page open and leave my laptop on all night?

If I shut down my computer, what do I do tomorrow? Go back and click "Preview" again? Does that start the whole process all over again?
    --Dave
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited July 30, 2013
    90 minutes, and still rounding up... heck, I would happy if they rounded down, I just want to move on. I don't have any fancy settings, just a few private galleries, otherwise plain and simple. What's up, SmugMug?
  • Options
    puckerthpuckerth Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited July 30, 2013
    Mine went almost instantly, but I did it earlier during the livestream.
  • Options
    EthanEthan Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited July 30, 2013
    The little laser bar going back and forth as it is 'Rounding up...' is hypnotizing... Maybe is will be done by morning.
  • Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2013
    3 hours and counting... I'm about ready to swear!!!!
    What's going to happen when I try to migrate my real site w/ 1000's of pics and videos?
  • Options
    davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2013
    I'm over 3 hours now with the Cylon Warrior beam going back and forth and back and forth... I saw a post a while ago from Devbobo saying the queue was large.

Looked at my current site w/o logging in and noticed that stat data for galleries is not being displayed.

Opps..looks like there are problems. I clicked into a gallery in my 'current' site to see that lots of stuff is broken. I'm sure the heroes are slammed too. I guess I'll wait until morning.
  • Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2013
    Sorry it is taking you so long to migrate over to the new SmugMug! As you can imagine we are quite overwhelmed at the moment so there is a backlog that we didn't anticipate. You can go ahead and close your browsers and shut down your computers for the night. When your site is migrated we will send you an email.

Sorry for the delay!
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited July 30, 2013
    Seriously? There was no provision for a worst-case everyone migrates at once scenario? I gave up, closed the browser, will check back in the morning.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2013
    Andrew wrote: »
    Seriously? There was no provision for a worst-case everyone migrates at once scenario? I gave up, closed the browser, will check back in the morning.

My suggestion: Chillax, go to sleep and then work on your site tomorrow.
  • Options
    cschoollandcschoolland Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited July 31, 2013
    15 hours and counting
    Just thought I'd pipe in briefly. I started the migration/preview process around 5:30pm pst yesterday... it is now 8:45am and it's still going. (And no confirmation email either, so it's not just that the page is stuck.) Have any other users been reporting similar delays? Do you have any insight in to how much longer this will take? In any case, I'm still bugged that it's nowhere near the "minute or two" that is advertised, though some at the beginning may have had this luxury. I wonder if you could change that messaging for others (if you haven't already).
    Cheers